Bring Your Brain…We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Product Manager to join our Digital Publishing team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Senior Product Manager, Monetization has the right mix of formal business management skills, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech, creative environment. You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You embody the principles of continuous improvement and data-informed design. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and straightforward communication.
You will be responsible for planning and driving Acquisition, Retention, and Monetization (ARM) strategies for our portfolio of digital games. You will work with game teams to drive best practices in envisioning, evolving, and operating live games across some of the most revered game franchises around the globe. In this role, you will work with Production, Design, Engineering, BI, Marketing, and Community Management to represent the voice and needs of our players while targeting the intersection of retention and revenue generation.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in defining and operating online free-to-play games and have a deep understanding of the player interactions within those products at the both the individual and community levels. Ideally, the candidate will have expertise in managing a small team of direct reports, ensuring team goals and vision are defined and met.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Collaborate to define the product vision, strategy and business model.
- Work with game teams to prioritize, optimize and spec game features that maximize retention, acquisition and monetization.
- Set priority, requirements and create specs for ARM features; drive and operate the resulting initiatives.
- Manage live operations for the game, including creating and running events and sales.
- Partner with BI to develop the metrics and reporting to enable rapid generation of insights and then monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify improvements to drive KPIs.
- Analyze data generated from live environments and partner research teams to model and optimize the impact of existing and new game features.
- Benchmark and analyze strategies of competitive games.
- Track performance daily, communicate results to internal and external stakeholders and propose new designs and/or modifications accordingly.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- A minimum of 5 years working in a Product Manager role supporting AAA products.
- Successfully shipped 2+ high performing digital games.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Expert on digital game business models, ARM strategies and best practices.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable insights.
- Strong modeling skills and a master of Excel.
- Able to communicate complex concepts, projected performance, and risks to team and senior management.
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups.
- Proven ability to exert influence without authority.
- Comfortable with uncertainty.
- Passionate about digital games.
Education and Training:
- BA/BS degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.