After a quarter century of excellence in gameplay, Magic is aggressively pushing into wider spaces of entertainment, publishing, and consumer products. More than ever before Magic is positioning itself to meet fans where they live, where they watch, where they read, and where they play. The Magic Franchise Team is hiring a strategic, pro-active, and commercially-minded licensing expert with a background in consumer goods across a wide array of categories. This Sr Licensing Manager will work with their peers on the Magic Franchise Team to distill and prioritize a robust licensing strategy across categories, identify the best partners, and bring that franchise strategy into product reality.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Develop rolling 3-yr strategic plans for Categories managed, informed by consumer insight, industry trends, retail intel, competitive landscape, and technology innovations.
- Identify best in class partners (to include current and new partners) to support each strategy
- Assessing and qualifying initial opportunities, prospecting leads, developing sales materials and presentations, and soliciting and securing business proposals from the candidate.
- Work with partners to create and implement strong “Go To Market” plans leading the end-to-end process from product creation to the launch to market
- Bring demonstrated analytical capability to the day to day management of revenue, category, licensees and contract negotiations.
- Be able to manage all levels of contractual negotiations from initial deal negotiation thru contract execution (including legal, creative & brand guidelines) when necessary.
- Act as day to day contact for all assigned categories of business
- Serve as a liaison between licensing partners, the Magic Franchise Team, and Hasbro Consumer Products group
- Research new categories of business and potential licensing partners
- Partner with financial, legal, and internal licensing partners to ensure alignment across revenue plans, contract compliance, and brand marketing goals, respectively
- Monitor adherence to contractual obligations for each licensee
- Obtain and manage monthly and quarterly reports from all partners for internal review
- Work with your peers on the Franchise Team to ensure creative assets are delivered on time and on brand
- Monitor and provide product approvals when needed, using the LAS approval system
- Support Head of Licensing in key category management and new business launches
- Coordinate with licensees to ensure approval of and adherence to brand standards and maintain libraries for marketing collateral/co-op, in-store visual, trade advertising, GTM plans, showrooms, packaging, line sheets, and archival sample lines
- Compile information for brand kits/presentations as needed
- Prepare various departmental reports
- Grow licensed business, brand value and recognition through all licensing channels
AM I QUALIFIED?
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of experience in Licensing
- Commercial Business Development expertise with demonstrated experience in ownership of partners plans, budgets and forecasting
- Exceptional understanding of brand positioning, retail segmentation, competitive landscape
- Strong time management, prioritization, planning and organizational skills
- Passion and curiosity for gaming, geek and pop culture, entertainment, and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and creative environment
- Experience working with global partners
- Experience with LAS is a plus.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Category Manager, Business Development, Merchandising, Marketing Manager, Manager, Retail, Sales, Marketing, Management
Date: Feb 7, 2019
Requisition ID: 9979