Senior Game Designer, Monetization
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Game Designer, Monetization to join our Digital Game Development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Provides design guidance for new mobile Magic digital products and detailed feature design for features within those products. If you are a game designer who loves Magic and wants to help create awesome new products that enrich the Magic experience while working with fantastic people at Wizards of the Coast, then this is the job for you.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS WIZARD
• Design non-inflationary game economies
• Build engagement mechanics that reinforce core loop gameplay
• Develop standards for tracking healthy game metrics with mechanisms to intervene as needed
• Design flexible systems that plan for experimentation and refinemen
• Run live events to improve engagement, retention, and monetization
• Pull data and reporting necessary to validate approaches
• Responsible for superior execution on existing concepts for Magic products and experiences.
• Can work with existing vision and product strategy to deliver compelling content for Magic.
• Collaborates with paper Magic R&D to leverage their expertise into the digital game design process
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Design Architect
• Business Intelligence team
• Research and Development team
• Creative and Production Services team
• Brand Marketing team
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years of overall game design/development required
• 5+ years of passion and history involved with Magic or other TCGs as a player required
• 5+ years of experience with digital game development and design
• 5+ years’ experience with game metrics and monetization, on at least 1 shipped title
• Familiarity with Tableau, SQL, or some other visualization tool or programming language
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• In-depth knowledge of Magic’s digital offerings
• Able to function and lead in an Agile development environment
• Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, UX, production and business personnel
• In-depth knowledge of running a game as a live service
• Desire to create the best-in-class game in this genre and a passion for Magic The Gathering
Education and Training:
• Bachelors Degree or commensurate experience
• Scrum Master or Product Owner certification is a plus
• Up to 5%
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 Months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast