Senior Digital Production Artist
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Digital Production Artist to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards is looking for a Sr. Digital Production Artist who can produce 2D and 3D digital assets of the highest quality for Wizards of the Coast digital products. This artist will have a strong aesthetic sense combined with excellent digital art creation skills to enable excellent productivity and creativity. This artist will be able to extrapolate core art direction and wireframes into a unified and appealing visual experience. They will be working closely with the Lead Digital Artist along with tech artists and other implementing developers to achieve the product vision while most effectively implementing assets performance and maintainability. This role will also allow the artist the opportunity to mentor junior artists.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Work with Lead Digital Artist to set game asset prioritization, process and procedures.
• Work with designers, engineers, and other members of the scrum team to gather, clarify, and visualize asset requirements for everything from individual features to entire game style guides.
• Create original 2D/3D assets, UI scenes, and game pieces that are implemented in Unity and create amazing experiences for players even after hundreds of viewings.
• Create visual benchmarks to ensure you are creating a unique and remarkable user experience
• Work with the Creative Director to own the vision for UI scenes and 2D/3D assets to adapt them to both the needs of development iteration and live game feature addition and change.
• Optimize game assets and implementation as needed for both performance and platform specialization.
• Mentor other artists in the techniques and best practices of 2D/UI visualization so that the entire art team gains in skill and appreciation for the discipline.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years as Production Artist on shipped AAA or comparable games
• 7+ years drawing and painting skills, with proficiency in Photoshop
• 5+ years’ experience and proficiency with Maya, 3DS Max, or similar tool that can produce game-ready FBX files
• 5+ years’ experience of asset integration experience with Unity, Unreal, or similar game engine
• Experience in balancing conflicting priorities of visual quality, CPU and memory performance, and development time, in producing the best results for the project
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Strengths include transforming UI wireframes into visually stunning UIs for big budget games
• Strong drive for artistic growth and maintaining currency with evolving technology
• Portfolio demonstrating a breadth of creative ability, an eye for detail, and ability to make both expansively rich assets, and economical assets
• Self-motivating and excellent time management
• Exceptional problem-solving skills in devising visual solutions for design challenges
• Fundamental understanding of user-centered design, and how it relates to visual asset production
• Good communication and teamwork skills
• Passion for gaming and game development
• Proficiency with modern material creation solutions like Quixel, Substance, 3DCoat or similar
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast