Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Live Operations team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work collaboratively with software engineering and QA to deploy and operate our products as both an individual contributor as well as a leader. You will be responsible to automate and streamline our operations and processes maintaining tools for application build, configuration, release, deployment, monitoring and operations. You will troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments which includes resolving application performance issues. You will provide software and/or infrastructure recommendations based on production application performance monitoring. In addition, as a Senior DevOps Engineer you will conduct research and will maintain an understanding of industry trends on existing and emerging technologies to advise how to gain the best value from the technologies we use. You will also provide leadership to help drive the technology roadmaps.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Responsible for automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent of production and non-production services
• Responsible, along with Software Engineering, for automating and Implementing Infrastructure As Code utilizing Packer, Vagrant, Docker or equivalent for application deployment (15%)
• Serve as an expert to the team on a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS or Azure is required) to provide IaaS and PaaS infrastructure services (15%)
• Uses code and scripting languages for service automation and application troubleshooting (.Net, Perl and/or PowerShell) (15%)
• Oversight for the engineering and operation of WotC's infrastructure technologies to support existing and new products (15%)
• Continually review and improve cutting-edge infrastructure services by maintaining an understanding of emerging architecture concepts, methods and associated technology trends as it relates to infrastructure services
• Take the lead role to establish the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects to ensure the required infrastructure services needed are available.
• Responsible, along with the operations team, for developing monitoring and alerting tools specific to the product(s) they support.
• 7x24 On-call responsibility. Act as escalation engineer for operational issues
• Mentor other Dev. Op.’s Engineers
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Network Engineers
• Systems Engineers
• Build Engineers
• Software Engineers
• Operations Teams
• Decision maker of emerging technologies and services WotC provides via the engineering team
AM I QUALIFIED?
• Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Must have 5-8 years working in support of mission-critical, multi-tier applications.
• Must have 5-8 years engineering infrastructure solutions in a production environment.
• Must have 5-8 years engineering external cloud-based infrastructure solutions in either Azure or AWS
• Must have 3+ years working in support of high transaction, consumer-facing systems.
• At least 3+ years working with automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant etc.) to support configuration management in a production environment.
• At least 3+ years working with source code repositories (TFS, Perforce, and/or GIT)
• Experience working in a matrixed team using scrum agile to manage daily work items
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Experience implementing PaaS services in AWS or Azure
• Experience with C#, C++, and/or .Net development languages
• Experience with cloud orchestration tools such as VRA/VRO and Rightscale
• Knowledge of server technologies including VMWare, Dell and Cisco UCS.
• Extensive experience with instrumentation and gathering application level telemetry for consumer-facing applications.
• Experience with Business Continuity and disaster recover design, planning and implementation.
• Familiar with the ITIL framework and common software development SDLC structures.
• Familiar with the concepts of continuous delivery and continuous integration.
• Experience working collaboratively to create designs and/or solve problems.
Education and Training:
• BA/BS degree desired or equivalent year-for-year work experience.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 Months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast