Senior Data Analyst
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Corporate Services
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Analytics team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a Senior Data Analyst in the Analytics team, you will evaluate and improve all Wizard of the Coast products, experiences, and processes. You will collaborate with designers, product architects, and strategic leadership to analyze complex problems and opportunities and recommend data-informed solutions. You will use your analytical and statistical skills and your love of games to both help us solve problems better and make us aware of opportunities we didn’t yet know exist.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Recommend solutions – Help analytics solve existing problems and questions. Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, developing actionable insights using statistical techniques and industry best practices. Quickly prototype analysis pipelines to deliver useful outcomes and analysis.
• Develop own lines of inquiry– use your passion and insights of Magic to ask new questions and frame new opportunities with your analysis and statistic skills.
• Develop reporting that provides concise relevant information to stakeholders – Work with our stakeholders to develop reporting that answers key questions in running our business and games.
• Effectively communicate research and findings to generate better business outcomes – Deliver effective presentations for multiple levels of stakeholders through effective visual displays of information and results; effectively summarize and distill findings appropriately for different audiences.
• Future predictive planning and strategy -- Work with business teams to create models and frameworks to predict problems and opportunities in play and products for the future.
• Grow our data-informed culture – Wizards of the Coast already uses data in numerous ways to inform, design, and predict play and experiences. The data analyst will help grow our data-informed culture further, by offering new analytical models and breakthrough insights to demonstrate the power of the framework.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Directors of Design – collaborate on defining problems and opportunities. Delivering actionable results.
• Brand and Marketing – work on measuring product performance and new initiatives to drive growth.
• Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
• Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of Magic data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both product development and sales activity.
• Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis with a gaming company.
• 5 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field.
• Proficiency in a SQL language (Postgres, TSQL, etc.).
• Experience with statistical software and database languages.
• Knowledge and passion for Magic: The Gathering.
• Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
• Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
• Proficiency in Python or R.
• Knowledge and passion for Magic: The Gathering.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• The successful candidate must embody the Analytic principles –
• We are stewards of facts
• We are passionate about games
• We believe solid analysis leads to better decisions
• We listen and learn
Education and Training:
• Bachelors Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.).
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 4 months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast