Senior Content Designer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Content Designer to join our Digital Game Development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT’S THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
At Wizards of the coast, we are passionate about bringing people together through their shared love of games. We are a community of artists, storytellers, designers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are building on our world-renowned player experiences to expand the digital future for our incredible brands including Magic the Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons and Avalon Hill. As a team, we are constantly evolving our approach to game experiences that delight a continuously growing audience of millions of players around the world. Wizards is looking for a Sr. Content Designer to create content for our Digital offerings, and to teach players to interact with those offerings. The successful candidate will have a strong drive to understand how players interact with our products, the ability to craft engaging experiences, and capability to train players to use that content. As a Sr. Content Designer, you will be responsible for working with a team to bring your design vision for user experiences to life, as well as working with our cohorts across Wizards of the Coast to expand our worlds.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD:
• Work with the Lead Designer and key stakeholders to generate content for our digital offerings.
• Generate VO lines for key characters, and work with the appropriate contacts within Wizards to shepherd them through the approval process into the game.
• Generate deck lists for players, and work with analytics to improve them over time.
• Work with team members to craft custom events that drive player engagement.
• Explore the back catalog of Magic content for key cards that can be used to create engaging puzzles for players to solve and expand their understanding of the deep nuances of Magic card interactions.
• Interface with the table-top teams to determine which products can make the transition to digital and what design changes will be necessary allow them to flourish in the digital space.
• Explore and iterate on new play modes that can take advantage of the digital space in ways our table top foundations cannot.
• Iterate over content with an eye towards improving flow and the play experience.
• Own and execute on the new player experiences for digital products
• Create the initial design for the new player experience, and work with the team to execute on that design.
• Continuously refine and improve the experience based on analytics and feedback from the community.
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure that the new player experience brings players smoothly into the product.
• For each new feature, analyze it and design a tutorial teaching players how to interact with the feature.
• Work with the team to execute on the feature tutorial design.
• Contribute to the overall design of the game by providing feedback on other designs as part of the larger design group.
• Read and comment on specs generated by others
• Coordinate with the economy systems designer to ensure that content is appropriately monetized and balanced within the economy.
• Create designs for new content as needed
• Generating and maintaining design documents and socializing them with the larger team.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Game Director
• Art Director
• Duel Scene Product Owner
• Meta Product Owner
• Rule Product Owner
• As a Content Designer you will be responsible for bringing engaging content to our digital games, and training players to interact with that content. You will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with other content stakeholders across Wizards of the Coast.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Prior Related Experience:
• 3+ years of content design experience or an adjacent design discipline.
• Experience with designing tutorials.
• Experience with organizing a team and leading them to drive a feature to completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and Passion for Magic: The Gathering
• Experience with owning a section of a game and driving it to ship.
• Comfortable with working with evolving requirements for a design.
• Experience with teaching others to play Magic.
• Experience with Unity or similar game development platform.
• Experience with using analytics to iterate on and improve designs.
• Skilled in writing specs for consumption by other developers to achieve the design vison.
• Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• Three Months
• Standard office environment, ability to travel
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast