Product Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Creative
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Product Quality Asurance Engineer to join our Creative Production team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Product Quality Assurance Engineer ensures the quality, integrity, and consistency of printed card and game products for global supply chains and markets. The person in this role ensures that Wizards products meet global requirements for product safety compliance; he or she also defines, plans, and implements quality and reliability requirements for printed products. The product Quality Assurance Engineer supports the implementation of Hasbro policies for Intellectual Property Security and Corporate Social Responsibility for external Suppliers.
Plan/Manage Product Quality, Safety & Reliability
• Develops and implements quality plans for products and resolves potential quality/safety/reliability challenges
• Leads/participates in risk management and quality improvement initiatives
• Oversees implementation of Wizards quality, safety and reliability requirements
• Build and maintain relationships with vendors throughout full product development lifecycle
• Conducts press, prototype, and finished product approvals
• Meets with and supports cross-functional product development teams
• Develops and maintains specifications and tolerances for products and packaging
• Writes and administers internal and supplier product quality, safety, and reliability test plans
• Manages and audits online repository of supplier quality records
• Reviews and advises on Hasbro Safety and Reliability Specifications (SRS)
• Reviews and inspects product samples and prototypes
• Reviews/authorizes product labeling for regulatory compliance.
• Maintains familiarity with current industry standards and global regulations, as they apply to Wizards products and component materials.
• Researches and stays abreast of emerging print, materials, and packaging technologies.
• Analyzes and reports on consumer complaints/product return data.
Education and Training: BS (or MS preferred), Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or related discipline. ASQ
Skills and experience:
• Strong skills in print production and technology, including:
• 4-color offset printing
• Digital printing
• Inks and varnishes
• Paper card stocks
• Quality management and statistical tools and techniques, e.g., Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
Prior Related Experience:
• 5 years Quality Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering experience in printed product planning, development, and production.
• 3 years of experience meeting US and global consumer product safety requirements, or equivalent experience in a similarly regulated environment
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities using quality tools such as FMEA, root cause analysis, etc.
• Experience interpreting and applying corporate social responsibility requirements in a global manufacturing environment.
Physical Requirements: Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast