Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games, has an exciting opportunity for a Producer to join our Magic Digital team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Lead assigned cross-functional development efforts on one or more Wizards of the Coast Digital Games, with primary focus on back-end services delivery; delivering on the business vision, goals and priorities driven by the Development Director, and in support of goals for the Digital Game Studio. In this role, you will lead cross-functional teams to produce a superior game experience. You will track day-to-day progress in a Scaled Agile environment: anticipate and escalate risks and issues, negotiate solutions and backup plans, address bottlenecks, record and communicate clear status, schedules, and dates. You will oversee the daily production of features and functionality of projects in flight and manage delivery within established scope, schedule, and budget.
In partnership with other Product Leadership, the Producer oversees daily production efforts focused on development tools, pipelines and production activities that deliver on the design, business and operational goals for the product.
The ideal candidate is flexible, adaptive, a jack-of-all-trades in digital gaming, an experienced communicator, and a creative planner, who will have demonstrated experience and expertise in driving successful technical execution for one or more shipped videogames through cross-functional management of multi-disciplinary teams focused on delivering amazing customer experiences on-time and within budget.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Run efficient cross-functional technical meetings
• Ensure assigned development goals and milestones are established, agreed upon, and achieved
• Help identify and facilitate process, pipelines, and dependencies to enhance effectiveness between multiple team disciplines.\
• Drive enhancement of product and features of our games through technical expertise, analytics, QA processes and validation
• Work with internal and external resources to facilitate the generation of development-ready backlog to create realistic production schedules with detailed milestones and deliverables
• Manage the implementation of functional and technical requirements for major/minor enhancements and feature developments from the product’s development and evolution
• Manage expectations and timely communications
• Maintain regular communication between team members, management and other groups
• Ensures that internal and external developers and other production resources meet milestones and receive all necessary technical information
• Provide clear context to the team and upper management for how the feature set and production plans satisfy the business needs as well as the experiential needs of players
• Work with applicable key contacts in Design, Engineering, and Content development to ensure objectives, strategies, and tactics are carried out in accordance with the Product plans and objectives
• Lead and drives the development and technical implementation of new features, functionalities, products and games as defined in relationship with product leadership towards established business goals
• Direct/manage/coordinate cross-organization efforts to develop, release, run and maintain assigned digital services, products, games, and features within budget and on schedule.
• Accountable for quality of delivery and live operations of assigned digital services, products, games
• Ensure features, functionality, and user experience meet the business requirements
Leadership / Management
• Provide strong leadership to the team by giving clear guidance, instructions and tasks
• Manage/coordinate cross-organization execution efforts to ensure all relevant internal and external parties are apprised of plans and development schedules in regards to digital services, products and games
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Brand Managers
• UX Designers
• UI Designers
• Visual Designers
• Digital Art Directors
• Mythical Creatures
• Game Designers
• Technical Analysts
• Software Developers
• Software Testers
• This role, in partnership with the Development Director will work directly with team leaders to problem solve issues throughout production and all phases of product roll-out. You will work in an ongoing basis with business units throughout the company to resolve QA, design, technical, delivery, scope and schedule of product.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 4+ years’ experience working as a Technical Producer on an internal development team within the video game industry
• 4+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies, you’re a champion
• 2+ years’ experience in modern backend service development, Azure services, databases, BI, and service monitoring
• 1+ year working with a Project Management Software such as Microsoft Project, Jira or similar required
• Shipped at least 1 videogame in a Technical Producer capacity
• Live product support strongly favored
• Prior production experience in online and mobile gaming
• Strong understanding of QA and QA Processes
• Experience collaborating with all levels on an organization
• Experience reconciling iterative software development with a waterfall project methodology, or a combination of waterfall and agile is highly desirable
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• You’re a gamer. You eat, sleep and breathe games
• You want to build a game, and will do all you can to get it done
• You zero in on issues, and strive to resolve them; you find solutions to problems
• You love to help and support teams
• Strong time and team management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, problem solving, juggling multiple tasks at once, and meeting deadlines
• Highly skilled in running short and effective meetings
• Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
• Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations
• Strong production tool skills including mastery of Microsoft Office, and basic QA/Scrum tools
• This position requires a strong independent worker who is self-motivated
• Superior scheduling, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced studio environment. Must be ready embrace ambiguity and act
Education and Training:
• Bachelors degree preferred however 5+ years of game industry or technology production experience would be an acceptable substitution
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 Months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast