Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Developer to join our Digital Publishing team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The purpose of this role is to actively lead application development for the Platform Services team. The Principal Engineer exemplifies and promotes best practices across the team. They are subject matter experts in online services, having experience with a wide variety of technologies and proven track record of delivering scalable solutions. They will be involved at every stage of application development from architectural design to support as a live application.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Implement Solutions – 70%
- Designs and develops complete features and core components seeking out the best solutions or ideas.
- Deliver innovative solutions for maximum business value.
- Develops software (or leads internal and external teams developing code) across a variety of platforms, undertaking design, development, documentation, testing and subsequent ongoing support of new and existing features.
Technical Leadership – 30%
- Drive continual learning across the team.
- Provides technical support and mentoring to project team members
- Identifies, articulates, and negotiates tradeoffs related to scalability, manageability, testability, security, maintainability, usability, functionality, cost, and time.
- Grasps issues quickly and makes educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 10+ years of software development experience in online services.
- Expert level understanding of a variety of databases, including SQL and NoSql.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure.
- Expert level knowledge of Design Patterns and object oriented design.
- Expert level knowledge of the online services domain and can chart a course to success.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- 3+ years building online services in the Video Game Industry.
- Knowledge of Go.
- Familiarity with C# (.net core), Java.
- Experience using AWS.
- Understanding of web front-end technologies.
- Knowledge of Unity3D.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through Hasbro Studios and its film labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
@ID:630@@Job Category:Technology@@Location:98057@@Employment Type:Regular@