Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join our Digital Publishing team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As the Principal Engineer, you will actively lead and develop services and SDKs to enable our publishing partners to create connected experiences for our players. You will work with developers who are building online games, supporting both client SDKs (currently Unity) and diverse server technologies. You will be involved at every stage of application development from architectural design to support as a live application. You will provide mentoring to team members.
You will be helping to redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast. Come join us!
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 10+ years of software development experience in online services.
- You continually improve your skills and stay abreast of new technologies.
- You have broad familiarity with available concepts and patterns, and acquire a deep understanding of the tools you use every day.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- You do your best work when you get to own the product from elaborating on needs with the customer to automating the deployment of the application.
- You are experienced with at least one major public cloud and designing the infrastructure footprint of distributed applications.
- You strive to build the simplest solution possible for the task at hand.
- You have used a variety of technology stacks and can select the best tool for the task at hand based on informed tradeoffs.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- We are using Kubernetes, Docker, Go, .NET Core, and AWS. Experience with those is excellent. Familiarity is a plus. Experience with at least similar tech is necessary.
- Office environment, able to work at a computer station sitting or standing for long periods of time
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.