WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
- A designer with years of experience crafting fun, accessible, and deep games for a wide variety of different types of gamers?
- Passionate about Magic and excited to be part of shaping its future?
- An exceptional communicator who can effectively give and receive critical feedback?
- Equipped and prepared to lead teams of highly motivated and passionate designers to execute on a shared product vision?
- Knowledgeable about the landscape of contemporary card game design?
- Then we would love to talk with you about an open position we have in our TCG Studio for a Principal Game Designer.
- DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Our Studio’s Principal Designers are thought leaders for our experiences and products. They are regularly expected to…
- Lead design teams for both established products and new business initiatives.
- Participate in high level strategy meetings.
- Mentor and train other designers.
- Manage relationships within the studio and with other departments and companies.
AM I QUALIFIED?
- The successful candidate must have…
- At least 5 years of game design experience.
- Shipped at least one game for which they held a leadership role.
They must also embody the principles of our studio –
- We are stewards of Magic.
- We are passionate about Magic.
- We believe Magic makes a difference.
- We focus on growing Magic’s audience.
- We believe in discovery, surprise, and strategy.
- We listen.
- We improve.
- We collaborate.
- We debate.
- We are inclusive and respectful.
- We expect greatness.
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Game Designer, Technology
Date: Jan 22, 2019
Requisition ID: 9585