Principal Azure Engineer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Azure Engineer to join our Live Operations team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Principal Azure Engineer will be the chief owner for Wizards' next major online game! The person in this role is responsible for providing engineering leadership for all Microsoft Cloud based infrastructure services. The role is focused on working with Infrastructure Architecture and the wider system engineering resources to establish architectural standards and engineering design patterns for all Microsoft Cloud based infrastructure service offerings. In addition, the Principal Azure Engineer will conduct research and maintain a strong understanding of industry trends on emerging cloud-based technologies to ensure we get the best value from the technologies we use.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Responsible for engineering and support of Microsoft Cloud based infrastructure services
• Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects to ensure that cloud-based infrastructure service offering needs are addressed
• Maintains an understanding of emerging cloud-based architectural concepts, methods and associated technology trends
• Designs and implements next generation cloud-based infrastructure services offerings based on emerging technologies and business need
• Creates and maintains infrastructure services roadmaps. Analyzes and recommends emerging technologies that can provide business value while reducing cost
• Supports adherence to relevant SOX, PCI, ITIL, corporate security or other applicable compliance standards
• Performs other related duties as assigned
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Must be proficient in .Net and have experiences in other langugages.
• Must have 7+ years designing and architecting infrastructure services in a large, Internet-facing environment
• Must have 3+ years implementing infrastructure services in Microsoft Azure Cloud
• Must have 2+ years designing and implementing Microsoft Azure cloud based services using platform service offerings.
• Experience designing, implementing and operating services on Microsoft Service Fabric
• Strong understanding of Windows Infrastructure services components (security, AD, networking, etc.)
• Strong understanding of web services architecture and design
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and writing engineering and design documents
• Expert at defining and documenting functional design requirements for technology solutions to support business initiatives
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving when building solutions
• Curiosity, strong critical thinking skills, and a willingness to learn
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Strong understanding of micro-services design and implementation requirements in a Microsoft Cloud environment
• Experience with instrumentation and gathering application level telemetry for consumer-facing applications
• Experience in architecting and implementing infrastructure services in support of large-scale, online gaming platforms
• Experience with business continuity and disaster recover design, planning and implementation
• Experience working in a DevOps culture of delivery by end-to-end teams
Education and Training:
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or extensive work experience
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast