WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Come play with us! Fuse your passion for entertainment marketing with the world’s greatest roleplaying game, Dungeons & Dragons, by joining our marketing team as a Marketing Manager. In this position, you will contribute to the Dungeons & Dragons team by participating early in the product development process by defining product strategy, and then you’ll partner with people through the organization to bring those products to market. You will craft product plans and experiential marketing campaigns that bring people together through their shared love of games. You’ll use your creativity and background in games or entertainment marketing to inspire fans to play more Dungeons & Dragons, your team leadership and communication skills to motivate your peers (both in your office and regionally based throughout the world) around a campaign vision, and your attention to detail and organizational skills to execute on campaign projects from planning through delivery.
The ideal candidate will have an affinity for games or other lifestyle brands as well as an understanding of pop and geek culture. A passion for Dungeons & Dragons would set the candidate up for even greater success.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Product and Campaign Planning
- Develop strategic marketing plans including pricing, promotional, positioning & future product and campaign planning.
- Coordinate with product specialists and marcom managers to create strategies to achieve brand growth goals.
- Analyze the business plans and recommend changes if required, monitor all product trends (including digital distribution and licensed products) and recommend appropriate product innovation or positioning changes to drive higher fan adoption.
- Collaborate with the research and development team to develop cost control strategies across all product lines.
- Work with sales/trade marketing/PRH to maximize D&D sales according to our global brand strategy.
- Monitor user experience and develop strategies to analyze future requirements for new products.
Global Product Management
- Maintain strong knowledge of all product lines and licensees along with key market drivers and primary marketing activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate marketing teams around the globe and develop effective strategies to support the brand’s long-term goals and vision.
- Develop global marketing initiatives and prepare effective strategies, processes, and best practices that position products for brand growth tailored to key territory needs to ensure optimal support from global partners.
- Collaborate with global marketing partners to design communication strategies, prepare reports and manage communication with senior management.
- Evaluate brand performance and develop expansion plans accordingly in coordination with channel and country managers.
- Administer everyday activities required to maintain product line, perform analysis on same, and recommend improvements as appropriate.
Strategic Brand Partnerships
- Work with internal or external strategic partners including partner brands, companies and departments at Hasbro to bring innovative and brand expanding opportunities into the product portfolio.
- Work closely with D&D licensing and product development team to identify new partners.
- This is an individual contributor position responsible for the development of marketing, promotional, and business plans which need to be reviewed and approved by their manager. This position is empowered to make decisions regarding the execution of these approved plans if they stay within the approved budget and philosophy. Significant deviations from the plan must be approved by their manager.
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 3-5 years of marketing and/or product development experience required.
- 2-3 years of support in the brand marketing field preferred.
- Experience in the video/digital game, hobby game, toy, entertainment, or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Proven ability to plan and execute on marketing and/or product plans.
- Ability to work effectively with and lead diverse groups of people.
- Good organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of word-of-mouth marketing and social media in addition to classical marketing preferred.
- Knowledge of product development processes preferred.
- Experience working with international partners a plus.
- Knowledge of geek and pop culture desirable.
- Knowledge of video games and/or trading card or other hobby games a plus.
Education and Training:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or related coursework.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.