Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Creative Manager-Packaging & Product to join our Magic TCG team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
- A manager with years of experience overseeing art directors, graphic designers, and production artists in a branded product space?
- Fluid and flexible, with well-developed skills in people-centric and nurturing leadership?
- Comfortable and committed to managing a high-talent, high-experience team where excellence is the expectation?
- High-energy and high-engagement, comfortable with overseeing and directing many different projects at once?
- Someone who enjoys actively communicating and building connections within a matrixed organization? Comfortable with building relationships and shared purpose with marketing and brand groups?
- Passionate about Magic: The Gathering (or will become so) and want to be a part of the Magic: The Gathering creative team?
- Experienced in packaging dielines, file creation for specialty print jobs and balancing innovation with cost and speed? (preferred)
Then we would love to talk to you about an open position we have for a Creative Manager – Packaging and Product.
The Creative Manager – Packaging and Product manages a team of art directors, graphic designers and production artists to create the physical product for Magic: the Gathering. The Magic Product team is a print-based creative organization who needs the right fit – a person with experience and passion for the creative process, enjoys building cross-functional relationships with brand and marketing teams, comfortable managing high-impact creative senior talent, while continuing to foster an environment of support and expectations of excellence.
In the Magic TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun Magic experiences and games for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Getting, engaging and developing the best people – Weekly one-on-ones and regular daily contact with team. Creating and monitoring individual development plans for their people. Directly giving guidance and feedback, and working quickly to ensure any issues or problems with behavior/outcomes get addressed.
- Build relationships with production teams and talent pools – Build relationships with print production teams, getting to know our vendors capabilities in order to innovate on the shelf-level as well as create efficiencies in our file generation process. Create and maintain relationships with creative vendors in order to flex staff when volume calls for it.
- Work with Franchise and Product teams – Build relationships with trade marketing tand franchise teams to assure high-impact shelf-level creative that creates positive differentiation from competitors. Work with market research groups to validate packaging choices.
- Managing current and new workflow process for team– Assessing current workflow process through participation in work teams. Ensure optimal performance in workflow and iterate and improve upon current workflows. Create new workflows when required for new products and experiences.
- Contribute to high-level brand and product planning – work with Product Architects and Principal Packaging Art Director to facilitate a shared vision for the continued evolution of our shelf presence.
- Future planning and strategy -- Work with Creative Director to ensure we have best structure and people for future challenges and opportunities.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
The successful candidate must embody the Magic TCG principles –
- We are stewards of Magic
- We are passionate about Magic
- We believe Magic makes a difference
- We focus on growing Magic’s audience
- We believe in discovery, surprise, and strategy.
- We listen.
- We improve.
- We collaborate.
- We debate.
- We are inclusive and respectful.
- We expect greatness.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Manager, Marketing Manager, Franchise, Supply, Management, Marketing, Retail, Operations, Research
Date: Nov 7, 2018
Requisition ID: 8326