Lead QA Analyst
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain….. Lead QA Analyst
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games, has an exciting opportunity for a Lead QA Analyst to join our Digital Game Development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a Lead QA Analyst at Wizards of the Coast, you have a passion for quality assurance and a strong background in the gaming industry. You will take charge of a team of awesome onsite and offsite testers and ensure that the team is working to their full potential. You will be responsible for ensuring Magic: The Gathering Arena releases are up to the highest standard of quality and provide an amazing experience for the players. You will collaborate with leadership, production, and the development team and be an advocate for quality throughout every step of development.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Design, implement, and frequently re-evaluate test strategy for Magic: The Gathering Arena
• Advocate for QA and maintain a positive relationship between QA team and developers, production, leadership, and other staff
• Directly manages and supervises a team of QA analysts
• Coordinates release test passes and provide final signoff on builds
• Manage bug database and QA reporting
• Responsible for testing Magic: The Gathering Arena and troubleshooting/analyzing the test work of the team
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 1+ years experience leading Quality Assurance teams in the game industry
• 5+ years experience in Quality Assurance in the game industry
• At least one shipped title in the game industry
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Passion for releasing a quality product and running an effective team
• Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Creative thinker; always driven to improve processes, organization, and team
• Excellent problem-solving skills; able to see when a problem exists and tackle it head on
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent understanding of Agile & Scrum, and how QA fits into the process
• Experience with Test Driven Development and CI/CD a plus
• Experience with JIRA a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast