Lead Digital Artist
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Artist to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for a player-focused, hands-on, art leader to take the digital visualization of our product to the next level. Working with a team of digital artists, the Lead Artist will lead by literal example, building style guides, executing exemplars, and driving for an ever-improving visual bar for the game. Together with design and engineering, the Lead Artist will craft the overall player experience, ensuring that the core MTG card game comes to vibrant and amazing life.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Create example assets for the game or help specialist artists make the most out of the assets they are expert in creating
• Collaborate with design and engineering on the moment-to-moment player experience
• Continue to learn and share from the larger artistic organizations at Wizards of the Coast
• Directly manage and lead a team of specialized artists
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years as a Senior or Lead Artist
• Shipped 2+ titles on various platforms
• Hands-on experience creating games with significant UI/input complexity
• Experience expanding IPs into new digital realizations
• Experience working on live service games
• Experience with CCGs, and MTG specifically, desired
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Ability to create original art assets as well as gather coherent reference for art disciplines outside of expertise area
• Expertise with fundamental digital art tools (e.g. Adobe)
• Expert level of experience in Photoshop
• Familiarity with Unity art tools & pipelines desired
• Variety of personal artistic expressions (e.g. photography, music, dance) a plus
Education and Training:
• Portfolio demonstrating a range of personal and collaborative work required
• Art test required
Travel Requirements (% of time per year)
• Minimal: 5% of year
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast