Lead Build Engineer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Build Engineer to join the Magic the Gathering Arena Game Development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Lead Build Engineer uses their expert knowledge to define and implement continuous integration systems that support the software engineering team. You will develop and implement automated build and deployment pipelines for our development, testing and production environments. You will be responsible for managing the build team as well as clearly communicating technology designs and decisions within the team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Designs and implements continuous integration systems, automated build and deployment pipelines that support Magic: The Gathering Arena
• Directly manages and supervises a team of build engineers
• Communicates and iterates on technical designs and decisions with the team
• Provides reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by Magic: The Gathering Arena
• Responsible for code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
• Must be able to work with a variety of other departments to triage and troubleshoot build and deployment related issues
• Understanding the technical challenges that arise from developing on multiple platforms
• Must be able to plan and develop technical roadmaps, technical documentation and help determine priorities
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5-8 years of experience in build and deployment technologies
• 3-5 years working with C#
• 3-5 years working with .NET
• 3-5 years working with scripting languages such as: PowerShell, NAnt, Python
• Experience working with Perforce or related version control tools
• Experience with Jenkins or related continuous integration tools
• Strong coding, debugging and problem solving
• Strong communication and collaboration
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Evaluate, define, implement and operate our tools for build, deployment and release
• Document all build procedures and educate new team members on best practices
• Continuously improve reliability, scalability and performance of build systems
• Skilled at leading and coaching talented software developers
• Ability to write readable and maintainable code
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
• Mentors and guides team members to improve in quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise on pre-production and production environments
• Unity development and mobile development are a plus
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast