Key Account Manager - Japan
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Global Sales
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Key Account Manager to join our Japan Sales and Marketing team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The key account manager is responsible for managing the relationship with our wholesalers and key retailers as well as managing the WPN program in Japan to accomplish corporate objectives and revenue goals. This position is also responsible for managing the WPN Store Team Lead and Customer Service Representative, actively involved in their daily tasks, managing their workload, and evaluating their performances and overall results.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
The key account manager will interact daily with wholesalers and major retailers in Japan by phone and e-mail.
Keep Sr. Sales and Marketing Manager and Sr. Director of Sales and Marketing informed with sales trend, forecast, inventories, WPN numbers, and competitor updates.
She/he will also visit wholesalers and key retailers in Japan to inform them on products, events, new trade marketing & marketing initiatives.
Supervise WPN Store Team Lead and Customer Service Representative in the office.
She/he is also responsible for expanding the WPN program in Japan and conducting periodical trade conferences to present key products and programs.
Facilitate team meetings and activities acting as a leader of Magic Japan team and monitor employee attendance and overtime.
Within the company, the Key Account Manager will interact with WPN Store Team Lead, WPN Store Leads, Trade Marketing Manager, Brand Managers, and Event Marketing Manager, Director of Sales and Marketing, and Sales and Marketing Manager in order to understand our company’s policies and objectives, trade marketing initiatives, current marketing activities and also to promote his/her own vision of how best to maximize revenue with the resources we have.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• CS team (Customer Service and Operation related issues)
• CRM Operations team (WER, OPIS, Prime related issues)
• Trade Marketing team (Product or WPN program related issues)
• Sales & Operations (Policy related issues)
• Given a potentially vague or incorrect set of facts, gather information necessary to give an excellent resolution.
• Determine the best way to handle a given contact in order to not only resolve the issue, but maximize satisfaction.
• If unable to resolve the contact determine who to ask for assistance or the best course of escalation.
• Determine the best way to coach or assist a fellow employee on a potentially complex or escalated issue.
• Make evaluations on employee performance based on their adherence to a specified set of processes.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 3+ years of experience managing relationships with strategic partners in Japan required.
• 3+ years of experience in sales to Japan or marketing in Japan required.
• 3+ years of experience in supervision of other employees required.
• 3+ years of experience living and working in Japan strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Fluent written and spoken Japanese language required.
• Effective communication and negotiating skills required.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Familiarity and interests in Trading Card Games preferred.
• Ability to analyze the sales and marketing trend required.
• Ability to build and manage sales budget required.
• Ability to coach and assist fellow employees in a constructive manner is required.
• Ability to work effectively with strong attention to details required.
• Strong customer focus and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced high stress environment required.
• Advanced understanding of customer service principles, skills, and techniques is required.
• Ability to work with upset/angry consumers and de-escalate a call/e-mail in a positive and helpful manner.
• Basic computer literacy required.
• Basic phone competency including the ability to manage call times and execute solid call handling techniques.
• Effective communication skills (see list below):
• Active listening
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Building rapport
• Expressing empathy
Education and Training:
• Bachelor of Arts from a 4-year college required
• Major in International Business or Marketing preferred
• Approximately 8 domestic and 1 international business travels per year.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 6 months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast