Bring Your Brain….. Infrastructure Architect - Data
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Architect to join our Live Operations team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
This architect is responsible for identifying, documenting and communicating the customer-aligned technology direction for Live Operations. The role focuses on publishing agreed to architecture design of services and products, creating reference architecture, and mentoring technical team members. In addition, the infrastructure architect will conduct research on emerging technologies and understands industry trends on how to gain the best value from the technologies we use. They will maintain a good understanding of the business drivers, key competitive advantages, and the opportunities that will drive our business forward.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Identifies and documents the architectural direction for Live Operations’ services and products
- Designs the overall structure for each architectural view: the decomposition of the view, the grouping of elements, and the interfaces between element groups
- Articulates and mediates tradeoffs related to scalability, manageability, testability, security, maintainability, usability, functionality, cost, and time
- Maintains a broad view of product architecture, including application, information, infrastructure, and process
- Leads and coordinates technical activities and artifacts for a specific application, website, game or supporting systems
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Broad understanding of infrastructure services technologies with at least 4 years in an architecture role.
- Experience with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations.
- Must have 4+ years working with or in support of mission-critical enterprise IT systems.
- Must have 2+ years working with or in support of high transaction consumer-facing systems.
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
- Curiosity, strong critical thinking skills, and a willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. The ability to easily communicate both to business and technology leaders.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Experience architecting and implementing infrastructure services in support of large-scale, online gaming platforms
- Strong understanding of micro-services design and implementation requirements in a public cloud environment
- Experience with instrumentation and gathering application level telemetry for consumer-facing applications
- Experience with business continuity and disaster recover design, planning and implementation
- Experience working in a DevOps culture of delivery by end-to-end teams
- Experience working collaboratively to create designs and/or solve problems
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through Hasbro Studios and its film labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
@ID:692@@Job Category:Technology@@Location:98057@@Employment Type:Regular@