Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Production Specialist - Japanese to join our CAPS team. We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Graphic Production Specialist position is responsible for creating English and local languages files. Files must be built to specifications and schedules and follow Wotc file building guidelines. Other duties include generating support documents, logos, and other graphic files for internal and external use and managing file transfers to pre-press. Fluency in Japanese reading and writing is required.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Main focus is on the production of graphic files for all English and local language files, cards, packaging and components with Japanese emphasis
- Responsible for the production and design of brand logos for the US and international markets under the guidance of the Art Director
- Act as production specialist and subject matter expert for the Production Manager and Art Director to ensure high quality design is generated as intended
- Participate in meetings, discussions and presentations, including the development and presentation of rough and final comps
- Utilize all available production tools to develop and present creative concepts and strategies
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to ensure that all printed materials are produced to a consistently high standard
- Troubleshoot native files and find technical and process solutions
- Review proofs with Art Director and Production Manager as needed
- Keep up to date with project status by attending meetings and keeping in touch with team members
- Manage immediate individual work schedule
- Track job numbers, time, and materials usage on a daily basis
- Answer questions and assist new personnel
- Keep up to date on current technology
- Continually help create, test, and improve workflow and color management procedures
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 2-5 years work experience required with an aptitude in core competencies and job skills referenced.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Workload management skills
- Fluency in Japanese (reading and writing) required
- Familiarity with Japanese version of InDesign
- Familiarity with Japanese ruby text
- Overall knowledge of WotC’s product development processes and WotC products
Education and Training:
College Degree with 1-2 years of graphic arts training and/or coursework
Understanding of WotC product development and/or operations processes preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.