Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Creative
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our packaging creative development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
This position is responsible for creative development of product components and graphic assets that are consistent with the vision of the Brand Sr. Creative Art Director, and meet the goals of the Brand and Marketing Manager.
The Graphic Designer will conceptualize, design and produce graphic materials for Wizards of the Coast products, services, and events under the guidance of the product/brand Art Director and in accordance with Wizards quality standards and Brand guidelines, as well as production and manufacturing standards and processes.
Strong graphic design portfolio required with application for consideration.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:• 20% MTG product, packaging & marketing graphic concept development• 35% MTG product and packaging graphic production development• 35% MTG product and packaging marketing graphic design development• 10% MTG packaging and design proofing, production and administrative management
• The Graphic Designer is responsible for completion of all graphic development and production steps from concept through creation of final design and any associated file deliveries for print or digital applications.
• Executes visual development based on direction and brand guidelines provided by the Art Director.
• Performs required tasks on a scheduled basis while adhering to budget constraints.
• Participates in meetings, discussions, and presentations as part of the development process from initial concepts to final design.
• Collaborates with the Product Engineer to ensure all printed materials are produced to the high standards set by Wizards.
• Works with Art Director or Senior Designer to understand brand requirements and styles.
• Understands and stays current with department and company processes.
• Works with the Art Director and Creative Manager to define and/or improve processes for graphic production.
• Meets all department and corporate business requirements, including those regarding work hours, conduct, and teamwork.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
Works with direction from Art Directors and collaborates with Senior Graphic Designers, Graphic Designers, and Associate Graphic Designers.
Internal contacts include Creative Managers, Project Managers, Product Engineers, Editors, Brand or Sales team members and other Creative team members (Packaging Designer, Senior Creative Art Director, Graphic Production Specialists, Imaging, Photography).
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• The qualified applicant must be fluent in graphic development concept development process.
• 1 - 4 years’ experience in Graphic Design preferred.
• Exceptional proficiency in current versions of ADOBE design software required.
• Strong knowledge of print production and graphic design file management required.
• Experience in packaging design with strong packaging design portfolio
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Able to execute rough and final designs utilizing the designer’s creative tools — photography, illustration, type, color, texture, composition and dimensions.
• Proficient at balancing aesthetic and functional design elements.
• Ability to develop graphic design creative materials & concepts appropriate to the target customer.
• Requires proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign (Adobe CC or higher) and iOS environment.
• Experience using MS office suite applications.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Proficient organization and time management skills.
• Proficient in file building techniques, including the creation of white under-printers and spot plates.
• Thorough understanding of print processes (4 color offset and UV press), including PDF file generation, direct to plate, color separation and four-color printing techniques required.
• Stays current with emerging trends and technologies in design and production.
• Knowledge of Wizards brands, products and promotional strategies preferred.
Education and Training:
• Assoc. Degree in appropriate creative field required or commensurate work experience
• BFA preferred.
• Less than 5%, (some print proofing at print vendor may be required)
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast