Game Producer, Magic R&D - Contract
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Game Producer (contract) to join our Magic R&D team.
We offer competitive salaries and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Do you have a near constant interest in changing things for the better? Are you able to care about a range of things from the tiniest of details to the biggest of pictures? Is your level of self-motivation basically off the charts? If so, this might be for you.
The Ideal Candidate For This Role:
• thrives in an environment of critical thinking and thoughtful debate
• is undaunted by ambiguity and happy to blaze their own path as need
• is passionate about the quality and success of Magic: The Gathering
• has an incredible work ethic and a strong ability to focus amongst competing priorities
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS WIZARD
• Owning large swaths of R&D’s schedules and processes
• Leading conversations that create improvements in the quality of our game, our work, our culture
• Identifying and resolving potential process/schedule/role problems as early as possible
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Reports to Magic R&D Operations Manager
• Has solid working relationships with R&D’s leads and various R&D team members
• Builds a broad base of allies in the managers of other Wizards departments
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 2+ years of experience as Producer or Project Manager required
• 1+ years of experience playing Magic: The Gathering required
• Experience in games industry is a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Project is a plus
• This is a contract position and can potentially extend up to 12 months.
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast