Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: Wizards of the Coast
Bring Your Brain….. Financial Analyst
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting in forecasting and budgeting expenses related to our technology spend. This includes, but is not limited to, tracking and analyzing expenses at both the cost center level as well as a project level. The position will prepare and disseminate reporting to key technology members, in addition to the Finance team.
You will be expected to help orchestrate the efforts of these various roles and groups and look for gaps and opportunities to deliver projects within constraints.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD:
• Forecasting & Budgeting – Work collaboratively with the technology team to forecast and budget monthly expenses. Have the ability to explain variances to budget and prior forecasts, suggesting improvements to processes that will improve the accuracy of forecasts.
• Reporting & Analysis - Analyze and report technology spend from the cost center level down to the individual projects. Disseminate information on project spend to key management, including the Project Management Office. Update reporting as project slate changes (new projects, cancelled projects, etc.)
• Cost Benefit Analysis – Assist in completing analyses of the cost/benefit of technology projects, compiling all pertinent financial information.
• Miscellaneous – Additional requests and ad-hoc reporting, as needed.
• 2-3 years experience in forecasting & budgeting, particularly in a technology environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with management and non-financial personnel
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
• Sound knowledge of Financial Planning Tools (SAP/Cognos/etc.)
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• Up to six months to master
• Office environment
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast