Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Corporate Services
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Assistant to join our Facilities team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Facilities Assistant will assist the Facilities Coordinator in all day-to-day activities that touch shipping and receiving, building maintenance, internal moves of employees, and external vendors.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Shipping & Receiving:
1. Receive mail/Fed Ex/UPS/USPS daily.
2. Distribute mail and packages daily AM & PM.
3. Ship FedEx/USPS daily.
4. Process outbound & interoffice mail daily (business & personal).
5. Go to post office twice a week to receive mail from PO boxes.
Manage the Employee Service Request system:
• Schedule and assist with on-boarding all new-hires.
• Make key cards for new employees, vendors and visitors as needed.
• Plan, schedule, and help facilitate internal moves.
• Assist with floor plans when arranging individual and departmental moves and changes.
• Maintain and update building floor-maps.
• Track contracted employees’ contract end-dates for extension or completion.
Create and Sustain an Atmosphere Conducive to an Entertainment Co.:
• Manage copy paper inventory (ordering, stocking, etc.).
• Respond to building maintenance requests
• Manage building service vendors and schedules. Liaise with vendors and contractors for supplies and building maintenance.
• Manage & operate Employee Store (product ordering, product distribution, etc.).
Manage the Company’s Safety and Evacuation Policies and Procedures:
• Conduct personal Ergonomic Assessments for new-hires and after cubical/office moves, and as needed.
• Lead Safety Committee (schedule meetings take notes, oversee monthly safety inspection).
• Run monthly L&I reports.
• Manage Evacuation Procedure.
Supplies & Furniture purchasing:
• Track Purchase Card usage and expenses, allocating charges to other departments.
• Provide back-up for creating purchase requisitions.
• Provide back-up for maintaining and ordering office and kitchen supplies.
• Provide back-up for maintaining office furniture inventory.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, update, and maintain Admin Services and Facilities’ Intranet pages.
• Provide back-up for Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, Facilities Manager and Facilities Coordinator as needed.
• Update Intranet directory, adding new hires, updating details, employee numbers, and employee photographs.
• Other projects/duties as assigned.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Employees, Managers, Executives
• Deskside Support Team
• Vendor Management Team
• Must feel confident and able to make time-sensitive decisions regarding mail & shipments, both out- going and in-coming, to meet the company’s logistical needs.
• Display sound judgment in knowing who to contact and when for building and security issues.
• Be able to involve appropriate team members and or other departments for space management needs.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Previous reception and/or clerical experience required.
• 1-3 years of demonstrated experience preferred.
• Previous experience working in a secured environment preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat & modifying PDFs.
• Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proficient knowledge of databases—Access, Excel, SharePoint.
Education and Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 2 months
• Able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Able to walk a minimum of 2 miles a day
• Non-Exempt Hourly Role
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast