Executive Producer, Digital Publishing
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Producer to join our Digital Publishing team.
At Wizards of the coast, we are passionate about bringing people together through their shared love of games. We are a community of artists, storytellers, designers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are building on our world-renowned player experiences to expand the digital future for our incredible brands including Magic the Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons and Avalon Hill. As a team, we are constantly evolving our approach to game experiences that delight a continuously growing audience of millions of players around the world.
WHAT’S THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards is looking for an Executive Producer to help grow our Digital business. The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, innovative, eCommerce and managerial experience from the video game and online entertainment spaces. As the EP, you will be responsible for bringing to reality the product vision for one or more digital games, as well as managing multiple external relationships across the game development community, while building profitable hits in alignment with Wizard’s digital strategy.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Manage a collection of the company’s digital game development projects within a defined franchise
• Own and execute against product P&L, Budget and business objectives
• Own and drive the vision for assigned products, balancing the Business, Design and Production management perspectives to deliver an optimal balance of creative design, user experience and science into game development within all stages of the product lifecycle
• Build a monetization design and strategy in collaboration with Design and Monetization Directors
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure product is integrated into appropriate player ecosystems and WOTC publishing platform to support end-to-end user engagement
• Own and represent product vision and status at all levels of the company, including WOTC and Hasbro Leadership, while building WOTC confidence and excitement around the managed game
• Build AAA games via understanding of best in breed analytics, creative, product, talent and user experience design
• Creation and management of franchise plans for specific product IP with a focus being games made for the mass market or “casual” gamer based on WOTC IP
• Attract, develop, inspire, and lead high performers, creating a culture that motivates and retains world class talent required for success and improve best practices
AM I QUALIFED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Prior experience within publishing organizations and external development methodologies.
• 10+ years relevant work experience including a minimum of 3 years' experience as an Executive Producer on a shipped AAA game or Top 50 mobile game
• Prior experience with freemium and/or free-to-play economies by direct involvement in live game monetization of a shipped AAA game or Top 50 mobile game
• Track record in bringing highly valuable established entertainment brands to AAA online games
• Prior leadership experience including significant exposure to senior levels of management
• Strong applied experience running P&Ls and operating budgets for a game or studio
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Strong experience in overseeing published game titles, live services, and games as a service across multiple client platforms
• Working knowledge of various online game monetization practices
• A track record in building highly effective interpersonal business relationships and generating business in a highly matrixed organization
• Continually engage users with flawless execution of live operations
• Deep understanding of all aspects of game production (management, planning, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, technology, design, art, audio, localization, QA)
• Appreciation for data-driven design through analysis and quick iteration
• Solid understanding of usability, flow and UI design for touch screens
• Knowledge of the mobile/tablet free-to-play gaming trends and competition
• Work collaboratively with team leads to clearly define project scope and schedule and effectively communicate to all team members
• Adaptability and ability to collaborate and lead a distributed team
• Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
• Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage projects under deadlines and in complex and fluid business environments
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
• Up to 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast