e-Commerce Merchandising Specialist
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The e-Commerce Merchandising Specialist will help Wizards execute its online retail strategy. This role will be responsible to plan, update, and manage our catalogs on eCommerce platforms such as Amazon or Shopify. This position will request assets, make updates, analyze results and make changes to product detail pages, as well as oversee any promotional opportunities, search result optimization and on-platform paid optimizations. This position will gather, review and analyze data from the eCommerce platforms to optimize sales on sites, build reports and make recommendations. Additionally, this position will manage business relationships with publishers and other strategic entities.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD (MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES
Catalog Product Page Management
- Manage product placement and merchandising content including setting up product detail pages, requesting/creating assets, updating product pages, reviewing and ensuring that all product pages are complete, accurate and merchandised to maximize purchasing.
- Keyword and search engine optimization of all product pages.
- Coordinating and responding to user feedback and product reviews.
- Maintain good working relationships with strategic partners such as publishers and buyers.
- Ensure forecasts and budgets are accurate.
- Oversee promotional activities done by partners to ensure they are effective and valuable.
- Ensure partners live up to their end of our agreements and maximize what they can offer.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product and Marketing to help develop the right blend of product, channel and marketing strategies that maximize profit in the Online Mass channel.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the key buyers and service personnel of the online platforms on which we do business as well as counterparts on Hasbro’s ecommerce team.
Platform Sales Analysis
- Gathering and analyzing data to identify and achieve key performance indicators.
- Analyzing and implementing tactics to improve product sales performance
- Identifying and managing promotional opportunities and paid search to ensure effectiveness and management of budget.
- Developing and maintaining expertise of the granular workings of ecommerce platforms, monitoring competitor brands and activity and understanding market dynamics and opportunities.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in managing ecommerce catalogs
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Granular knowledge of Amazon, Shopify or other online sales platforms.
- Strong attention to detail. The details make the difference in online sales.
- High digital IQ. Familiarity with and desire to learn emerging devices, apps, distribution models, and buying experiences.
- Drive and initiative. Exhibit the desire to win.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, and the intelligence to glean insights from it.
- Able to work under pressure effectively to meet deadlines through and with others.
- Ability to stay abreast of changes in consumer behavior and understand where consumer expectations are going.
Education and Training:
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree or work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.