Bring Your Brain……
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Platform to join our Digital Publishing team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Lead the charge in defining and driving Wizard’s customer facing digital platform and services! Managing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, product managers and producers, the Director of Platform will define the strategy, create the roadmap and build a set of services and clients to deliver a gaming platform to support Wizards’ digital ambitions. As owner of the platform, this role requires orchestration and influence of both their team and external stakeholders, driving a single vision, speaking with one voice and operating as one platform.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Product Vision - Propose, refine and develop product vision documents for new product strategies. Document systems boundaries and capabilities. Conduct gap analysis and recommend changes to existing capabilities and systems. Identify, prioritize and propose new capabilities and systems required.
- Product Ecosystem - Identify gaps or conflicts in capabilities, integration points, terminology, and work across product teams to reconcile. This role will work with teams to establish the format, taxonomy and mediums for managing and maintaining the official plan of record, of products available for integration and use by customers, including their state of readiness/availability for use.
- Product Success - Collaborate with initiative leaders to understand long-term strategies as well as short-term goals to shape the product vision. Help develop KPIs for cross-domain initiatives.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Proven development management experience with teams delivering software on high-scale, high availability production environments in cloud configurations (public, private, and hybrid)
- Directly managed individual products, through full lifecycle
- Rigorous approach to product planning, building and communication
- Experience in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between, to include 3+ years of experience with distributed computing
- Demonstrated people leadership in complex technology disciplines
- Motivate and direct teams to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved
- Seasoned people manager – with proven track record for building, nurturing and growing exceptionally effective teams.
- Comfortable managing through influence and indirect authority
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to business and senior executives across a wide-variety of knowledge domains
- Good understanding of PC and mobile gaming industry, development, platforms, and ecosystems
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships – especially cross divisional engagements.
- Strong drive for results.
- History of building and managing healthy, compliant and resilient software systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through Hasbro Studios and its film labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Manager, Cloud, Animation, Supply, TV, Management, Technology, Operations, Creative