Bring Your Brain......
We'll Supply the Dragon!
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
- A talented and experienced communication professional?
- Passionate about crafting effective messaging and orchestrating multi-channel communication plans on a global scale?
- Skilled at handling corporate-level as well as brand-level communications to a wide range of internal and external audiences (employees, future hires, fans, investors, etc.)?
- A fluid and flexible leader who is people-centric and nurturing, with a robust toolbox of skills to deal with a wide variety of people and situations?
- Eager to contribute to the success of genre-defining gaming brands like Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering?
- Excited to join a fast-growing gaming company that has been providing unique tabletop and digital play experiences to millions of fans worldwide for decades?
Then we have a great opportunity for you to consider. Wizards of The Coast is looking for a Director of Communications and Publicity. As part of the Marketing leadership team, you will lead the Communications strategy for Wizards of the Coast in relationship with the Hasbro Global Communications team. You will manage directly and indirectly a team of communications professionals to develop and execute consistent communications plan at the corporate, brand and product levels. Under your leadership, Communications and Publicity contribute to growing the positive reputation and equity of our company and brands among our fans and prospects, among our current and future employees and within our industry, trade and business communities.
At Wizards of the Coast, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Drive and advocate vision for Wizards of the Coast’s corporate communication by managing the development and execution of all Wizards corporate communications programs and activities both internally and externally
- Develop Wizards’ corporate branding and messaging as an employment and games publisher brand
- Partner with Hasbro’s Global Corporate Communications and Investor Relations teams and PR agency to deliver high-impact communication plans in lockstep with Hasbro’s communications strategy
- Elevate Wizards’ Communications practice by providing subject matter expertise in messaging and communications management to the Executive Leadership Team, brand communications team and official spokespersons
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media, trade, publishing and communications partners
- Manage directly and indirectly a team of communication professionals
- Report jointly to Hasbro’s Global Corporate Communications and Wizards’ Marketing organizations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to apply communications knowledge and experience in a complex, fast-paced global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead execution of effective communication programs for entertainment and/or gaming brands
- Demonstrated ability to deliver publicity programs enhancing the profile of entertainment and /or gaming brands
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, agencies and partners across the organization.
- Effective people management skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility and positive attitude.
Prior Related Experience
- A minimum of 8 years communications and/or marketing and/or publicity experience required
- 4-year Degree required, with a concentration in Communications or Publicity preferred
- Knowledge of Wizards of the Coast brands preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Manager, Equity, Media Publishing, Marketing, Management, Finance, Publishing
Date: Dec 20, 2018
Requisition ID: 9131