Hasbro is looking for an experienced and highly motivated business development professional to join its Digital Publishing team. This position reports to the Vice President of Digital Publishing, and will be responsible for identifying, executing and supporting licensing deals, managing strategic partnership and development/publishing relationships for Wizards of the Coast properties in the digital games and apps space. The Director will help develop with the VP and communicate the brand licensing strategy effectively to licensees and other partners and ensure all activity and brand representation is in alignment with the overall objectives and guidelines. The role will require communication across functional teams and requires an individual who is proactive, not afraid to get his/her hands dirty, and is comfortable navigating through an often-ambiguous environment. This position will play a key role in growing Wizard’s PC/mobile games business by sourcing and closing partnerships with top game developers and publishers in the industry.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Drive the Business – Work alongside WOTC to develop a strategic licensing program targeting multiple demographics, including identifying and assessing globally new licensing product opportunities and partners, anticipating roadblocks and proactively taking measures to address them.
- Research, identify, and initiate contact with leading players in the games and apps eco-system – and then work to figure out a way to partner with those players on Wizard’s properties
- Negotiate, close and maintain strategic partnerships and licensing deals with developers, publishers, distributors and other key players ensuring proper business terms including minimum guarantees, revenue sharing, promotional support and ongoing product updates.
- Build senior-level relationships with game developers and publishers from the PC, mobile gaming space.
- Liaise with partners and global teams to approve product design, production and promotion for products under license. Monitor existing partners through periotic business reviews to ensure active development, product innovation, marketing dates, and overall contract compliance.
- Generate and communicate a deep understanding of the digital gaming industry worldwide to assist in identifying business opportunities.
- Conduct high-level diligence on potential developer partners assessing their capacity for best-in-class game development
- Build and analyze business models for the games and apps across various platforms
- Work with Legal regarding contract execution and rights issues
- Financial Planning - Assist with annual budgeting, financial planning & development and implementation of strategic licensing plans to hit revenue targets, grow the licensing business & incremental revenue potential.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in building and managing successful licensing programs across multiple categories. He/She will possess excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact well with colleagues from multiple disciplines; leadership, strategic, and creative thinking skills; and have an entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, deal interpretation and analysis, revenue/profit modeling and ultimate sound business judgment.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills; must possess a proven ability to multi-task various projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office computer skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- 10+ years mobile/video game industry experience, with a proven track record of executing strategic partnership, games licensing and publishing deals
- Strong knowledge of mobile, gaming, apps, social media, digital eco-system, current trends, and key players
- Results driven. Must be able to deliver on revenue/deal targets.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to comprehend and structure complex deals and partnerships
- Team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams and departments
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality
- Must be a proactive self-starter capable of self-management
- Ability travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Familiarity with video game production or software development and have ability to work closely with product development and brand teams.
- Must have a passion for gaming!
- Fluency in Mandarin/Japanese is a plus
- Not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and do the tactical work
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.