Digital Product Marketing Manager
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a Digital Product Marketing Manager for its Magic: The Gathering mobile apps and games.
Magic: The Gathering created the Trading Card Game genre in 1993 and has been the category leader since. With more than 20M fans playing in 70 countries, over 1M play events happening in over 6,500 locations globally each year, over 60 Esports-type events (Pro Tour, Grand Prix, World Championship, World Magic Cup) awarding more than $4.5M in cash prizes each year, Magic: The Gathering is a leading gaming and entertainment franchise.
With new digital games under development, Magic: The Gathering is poised to continue to grow exponentially. To contribute to this success, we are inviting a result-oriented, innovative-thinking, born-marketer to join our team and help us create the best experiences for our players.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Digital Product Marketing team owns all aspects of product marketing for our digital games. This includes the product publishing and lifecycle management, go-to-market and player acquisition strategy, community development and activation. In joining the Digital Product Marketing team, you would be taking on an active role in the design and execution of all of them.
The ideal candidate brings a solid experience in mobile games and applications product marketing, preferably for collectible card games. They have a proven track record in designing and executing marketing campaigns for mobile games that have led to outstanding player acquisition and engagement levels. They have a passion for transforming consumer-insights and telemetry-based analysis into product and marketing plans that create superior entertainment experiences for mobile gamers.
Lastly, the ideal candidate prefers to work in fast-paced environment where autonomy, resourcefulness, and ingenuity are essential success factors and values. Knowledge and experience with the Trading Card Game consumer is preferred but not required. Publishing experience of mobile games and/or gaming apps on iOS and Android is essential to be successful in this position.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Develop best-in-class product and consumer marketing plans including positioning, go-to-market tactical plan and on-going player acquisition
• Orchestrate the execution of product and consumer marketing plans in cooperation with cross-functional marketing, creative and product development teams and in coordination with the Magic franchise marketing team
• Partner with the user acquisition team in the execution of on-going consumer acquisition plans (owned, paid and earned media) to meet business and revenue objectives
• Expand and optimize the distribution of the mobile games and apps by developing publishing plans with each platform (Apple, Android, etc.)
• Deliver regular presentations and updates to internal stakeholders and senior leadership team
Product Lifecycle Management
• Articulate marketing objectives that aid in the development of actionable plans and roadmaps for the product/service
• Regularly provide detailed and prioritized data-driven marketing requirements based on analysis of consumer/market insights, to ensure the product/service delivers exceptional user experiences
• Regularly report on key marketing metrics to inform feature design, development, and prioritization
• Partner with Consumer Insights team to collect and organize player feedback through surveys and focus groups, and partner with development on play tests, to constantly improve the quality of the play experience and player satisfaction rating
Community Development and Activation
• Design and execute community development and out-of-game activation plans including influencer, streamer, and user-generated-content community
• Act as an advocate of the consumer and orchestrate communications to the player community re: features, functionality and design to get buy-in and sustain engagement over time
• Partner with the Consumer Insights team and Executive Producers to implement sets of detailed consumer-insights driven marketing requirements to develop player acquisition and out-of-game engagement and advocacy
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years of mobile games or apps product marketing
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Expertise in digital product/game marketing
• An insatiable appetite for understanding and incorporating consumer insights and analytical data into product marketing
• Self-motivated, creative, and resourceful, with a desire for doing what has never been done before
• A deep-rooted passion for digital games, those who make them, and the fans that love to play them
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Experience directly leading and influencing cross-functional product/service development and operations teams in a matrixed/diverse organization
• Ability to inspire the best work from creative partners, from briefing through execution
• Expertise driving actionable plans aligned to strategic vision and goals
• Capable of ruthless prioritization – handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
• Experience collaborating closely with partners
Education and Training:
• B.A./B.S. or commensurate experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or related coursework
• MBA preferred
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 Months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast