Bring Your Brain…
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an opening for a Digital Product Manager to join the Magic the Gathering: Arena team. This is a rare career opportunity and unique challenge to take a distinguished paper product into a digital free to play giant.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Digital Product Manager has the right mix of formal data analysis, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech, creative environment. You are ambitious, clever, and intellectually curious. You embody the principles of continuous iteration and data-informed design. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and straightforward communication.
You will be responsible for working with leadership to track, evaluate, and recommend improvements to core game systems to improve the game’s KPIs and quality of play experiences. You will work with teams across the company to drive data best practices for one of the most revered game franchises around the globe. In this role, you will be the voice of data and system design needs to keep the game healthy and thriving.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Building and measuring online free-to-play games.
- A strong understanding of Monetization, Engagement, and Retention strategies.
- Being the voice of the player balanced alongside practical data comparisons.
- Working with multiple disciplines to deliver specs that drive core business goals.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Analyze live data to identify weaknesses, opportunities, and create recommendations that iterate on the success of the product.
- Monitor and assess the performance of the game economy, core loop, matchmaking health, and a variety of other of in-game systems.
- Collaborate on unique, one of a kind, features that leverage the design space of Magic the Gathering.
- Partner with BI to develop and improve instrumentation insights for game operation and understanding.
- Utilize honed design knowledge to find additional fun concepts inherent to Arena’s event offerings.
- Own and drive implementation of features in pair with Production.
- Monitor performance daily, communicate results to internal and external stakeholders.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- A minimum of 2 years working in a Product Manager or Analyst capacity supporting AAA products.
- Successfully shipped a high performing digital game.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Experienced at developing and assessing game systems on digital games.
- Strong attention to detail in pair with strategic level thinking.
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable insights.
- Strong modeling skills and a master of Excel.
- Strong understanding of SQL and ability to build queries that extract required data for analysis.
- Strong ability to think through and communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and navigating shifting requirements.
- Passionate about card games. Actively plays comparable products to understand the market.
Education and Training:
BA/BS degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Computer Science, Product Manager, Data Analyst, Manager, Technology, Marketing, Operations, Data, Management
Date: Oct 8, 2018
Requisition ID: 7352