Digital Marketing Manager, Magic
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Bring Your Brain...
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a results-oriented, innovative digital marketer to support our flagship brands as key a member of our Digital Marketing & Player Lifecycle Management (PLM) team. The Digital Marketing & Player Lifecycle Management (PLM) team own strategy development, tactical execution, and ongoing measurement of digital marketing engagement with our consumers.
In this role, you will work within a team of digital marketers to own the design and execution of digital marketing plans that drive and enable product and game awareness, user acquisition, and ongoing consumer engagement and advocacy across multiple digital marketing touch points.
In this position, you will manage the marketing narrative throughout the player lifecycle and will help ensure internal consistency of related game and brand expressions and experiences.
The ideal candidate will have practical experience in consumer-insight & data-driven interactive and direct marketing, media planning, social media engagement, superior end-to-end execution of projects, and an affinity for digital and/or analog gaming.
A working knowledge of Magic: The Gathering is an important asset.
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Wizard:
• Drive growth of our addressable and marketable player-base through the design and execution of segmented and targeted digital marketing campaigns that drive and enable efficient user acquisition, engagement, and retention within and across our brand ecosystems
• Collaborate with other marketing team members to create and execute consumer acquisition and engagement plans that fully leverage the appropriate marketing engines – covering content and channels, direct marketing, social media, relationship marketing, advertising, and PR initiatives with clear, outcome-driven prioritization and investment
• Create fans and advocates of Wizard’s brands and games by generating meaningful user interactions and engagement through our digital and direct marketing efforts, ensuring our communications are timely, relevant, resonant, and respectful
• Champion the voice of our target gamer audiences by driving insights, defining messaging & positioning, and constructing and optimizing customer journeys and user flows
• Manage external agencies as needed, ensuring targets related to the planning and execution of ad buys, campaign implementation, testing, and results are attained
• Develop and share regular and timely reporting on digital marketing performance metrics, along with business implications and insights that incorporate competitive landscape factors and overall market trends
• Serve as a global lead for digital marketing, driving alignment for greater marketing insights with our globally-distributed regional teams
• Partner with Market Research and Business Intelligence teams to develop and deploy advanced targeting, insights, and analytics in support of PLM efforts
• Define and update processes and any necessary documentation to drive transparency, consistency, and replicability of established digital marketing operations and opportunities
• Stay up-to-date on emerging digital marketing trends and developments through industry affiliations, professional networks, and conference attendance
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting These Spells:
• 5+ years digital marketing or related experience successfully developing and executing digital marketing campaigns and programs within the digital gaming, hobby game, toy, or related entertainment field
• Significant experience with modern digital marketing practices and disciplines, including interactive marketing, direct marketing, mobile or in-app messaging, social media, consumer engagement, web content, digital advertising, and PR
Knowledge, Abilities, and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Demonstrable knowledge of multiple digital marketing channels, how and when to use them, and the general range of performance results that each could reasonably yield
• Structured and analytical thinking complemented with a bias for action – must be able to collaborate with and lead others to develop actionable and integrated plans that drive measurable impact, and execute successfully
• Ability to think innovatively and influence co-workers and diverse partner teams to deliver on new ideas, test new creative and copy, and build exceptional customer-centric experiences
• Solid understanding of analytics, such as acquisition and engagement funnel KPIs, testing/segmentation, and logic-based/triggered direct or in-app marketing communications
• Demonstrated ability to use data to build and present consumer journey narratives and digital marketing campaign results to leadership and internal partners
• Ability to manage internal partners and external creative agencies; able to establish objectives, articulate strategies, provide direction, and manages for results
• Passion for understanding consumer needs and motivations and delivering exceptional user experiences
• Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints, and within budget parameters
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to influence at multiple levels in a highly-matrixed organization
• Knowledge of digital gaming and the gaming industry highly desired
• Knowledge of, and passion for, Magic: The Gathering a huge plus
Education and Training:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or related coursework
• MBA preferred
• Up to 5-10% of time
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Function: Marketing, Brand and Community Management
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast