For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in. Help us by strengthening our very talented staff, including the BI analysts, software engineers, and digital marketers we’ve attracted as we expand our digital footprint.
What is this role all about?
As our newest Dev Ops engineer, your role is to analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for both on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure services. You will participate as part of our product development team to design and deliver new products and services. You’ll help support and strengthen the digital structures behind games that bring joy to millions around the world.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Research, design and develop automation method to support the platform provisioning, maintenance and operations of large-scale products and services
- Design and develop high-performance and highly available groups of servers for resource-intensive network applications in cloud-based infrastructure
- Assist in-house product teams with regularly scheduled product builds and deployments and hotfixes as needed
- Collaborate with offsite and offshore engineering resources to knowledge share and provide incident/request assistance as necessary
- Plan and implement system security configuration, to include access control, host and client access, file permissions, and user accounts
- Collaborate with solution architecture to devise infrastructure solutions most suitable to meet system requirements
- Develop best practices, operational procedures and design documentation
- Plan and coordinate system utilization, and performs growth analysis and capacity planning
What Abilities and Experience does the Ideal Wizard have?
- 2+ years working with mission-critical, high transaction volume consumer facing systems
- Cloud service experience with Azure, and knowledge of Service Fabric on Azure. AWS is a plus!
- Experience working with a large heterogeneous Windows and Linux environment
- Scripting experiences with one or more of PowerShell, Ruby, and Python
- Experience automating IT workflows or runbooks
- Experience architecting and implementing configuration management, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring
- Knowledge of datacenter infrastructure services including HTTP/S, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP
- Familiarity with puppet, chef and other configuration management tools
- Cloud certifications from AWS or other major cloud providers are a plus
What can we offer you?
Flexible schedules and four weeks of vacation to start, including a week between Christmas and New Years
- Full benefits including 401K with match
- Subsidized on-site daycare
- Free and discounted products
- The opportunity to shape and support games beloved by millions around the world
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, Cloud, Linux, Engineering, Research, Technology
Date: Oct 12, 2018
Requisition ID: 5238