Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
At Hasbro, we embrace the unique skills, experiences, talents and perspectives of our global workforce which, combined with our culture of curiosity and innovation, generates the best ideas. We live our values of Community, Passion, Integrity and Creativity, and we’re committed to giving our 5,000+ employees opportunities to build their individual capabilities, balance work and home, deliver excellence through team work and thrive personally. This enables us to deliver results in all aspects of our business.
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games, has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our Live Operations team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work collaboratively with software engineering and QA to deploy and operate our products. With this role the immediate primary focus will be Source Control and Continuous Integration. You will be responsible for the day to day upkeep of the Perforce source code repositories and Jenkins farms. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes maintaining tools for application build, configuration, release, deployment, monitoring and operations. You will troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments which includes resolving application performance issues. You will provide software and/or infrastructure recommendations based on production application performance monitoring. In addition, as a DevOps Engineer you will conduct research and will maintain an understanding of industry trends on existing and emerging technologies to advise how to gain the best value from the technologies we use.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Experience maintaining code repositories in Perforce, Git, VSTS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Automating and Implementing Infrastructure As Code utilizing Packer, Vagrant, Docker or equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS or Azure is required).
- A strong understanding of code and scripting languages (Ruby, Groovy, Java, C#, Bash, .Net, Perl, Python, and PowerShell).
- Responsible for the engineering and operation of WotC's infrastructure technologies to support existing and new products.
- Strong Operating Systems knowledge with Linux and Windows.
- Aids in developing monitoring and alerting tools specific to the product(s) they support.
- 7x24 On-call responsibility. Act as escalation engineer for operational issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Must have 2 years maintaining source code repositories (VSTS, GIT, Perforce) and engineering Configuration Management.
- Must have 2 years working in support of mission-critical, multi-tier applications.
- Must have 2 years engineering infrastructure solutions in a production environment.
- Must have 2 years Linux Systems Administration.
- Must have 2 years Windows Systems Administration.
- Must have 2 years engineering external cloud-based infrastructure solutions in either Azure or AWS.
- Must have 1 year working in support of high transaction, consumer-facing systems.
- At least 2 years working with automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant etc.) to support configuration management in a production environment.
- Experience working in a matrixed team using scrum agile to manage daily work items.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Experience implementing PaaS services in AWS or Azure.
- Experience with C#, C++, and/or .Net development languages.
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools such as VRA/VRO and Rightscale.
- Knowledge of server technologies including VMWare, Dell and Cisco UCS.
- Extensive experience with instrumentation and gathering application level telemetry for consumer-facing applications.
- Experience with Business Continuity and disaster recover design, planning and implementation.
- Familiar with the ITIL framework and common software development SDLC structures.
- Familiar with the concepts of continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Experience working collaboratively to create designs and/or solve problems.
Education and Training:
- BA/BS degree desired or equivalent year-for-year work experience.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.