Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager-Magic TCG to join our Magic TCG team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
- A manager with years of experience overseeing art directors, artists, and other visual designers in a game space?
- Fluid and flexible, with well-developed skills in people-centric and nurturing leadership?
- Comfortable and committed to managing a high-talent, high-experience team where excellence is the expectation?
- High-energy and high-engagement, comfortable with overseeing and directing many different projects at once?
- Someone who enjoys actively communicating and building connections within a matrixed organization? Comfortable with building relationships and shared purpose with marketing and brand groups?
- Passionate about Magic: The Gathering (or will become so) and want to be a part of the Magic: The Gathering creative team?
- Experienced in visual story-telling and character development? (preferred)
Then we would love to talk to you about an open position we have in Magic TCG Studio for the Design Manager-Magic TCG.
The Design Manager-Magic TCG manages a team of art directors, concept illustrators, and concept and creative writers to create the worlds of Magic: The Gathering. The Magic TCG creative team is a high-functioning senior-level team who needs the appropriate fit – a person with experience and passion for the creative process, enjoys building cross-functional relationships with brand and marketing teams, comfortable managing high-impact creative senior talent, while continuing to foster an environment of support and expectations of excellence.
In the Magic TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun Magic experiences and games for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Getting, engaging and developing the best people – Weekly one-on-ones and regular daily contact with team. Creating and monitoring individual development plans for their people. Directly giving guidance and feedback, and working quickly to ensure any issues or problems with behavior/outcomes get addressed.
- Build relationships with outside partners, vendors, contractors – organize and execute on concept pushes; pay attention and cater to freelance artist community; work with internal art directors to continually build external artist pool
- Work with franchise and product teams – Build relationships with product owners and franchise team to assure shared purpose and messaging of worlds, and ensuring the work is broadly accessible and easy to communicate. Work with market research groups to validate worlds and character designs.
- Managing current and new workflow process for team– Assessing current workflow process through participation in work teams. Ensure optimal performance in workflow and iterate and improve upon current workflows. Create new workflows when required for new products and experiences.
- Future planning and strategy -- Work with Creative Director to ensure we have best structure and people for future challenges and opportunities.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
The successful candidate must embody the Magic TCG Studio Principles –
- We are stewards of Magic
- We are passionate about Magic
- We believe Magic makes a difference
- We focus on growing Magic’s audience
- We believe in discovery, surprise, and strategy.
- We listen.
- We improve.
- We collaborate.
- We debate.
- We are inclusive and respectful.
- We expect greatness.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Manager, Marketing Manager, Franchise, Supply, Management, Marketing, Retail, Operations, Research
Date: Nov 7, 2018
Requisition ID: 8328