Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
You will be working closely with the marketing team to shape all digital experiences. Your analysis will fuel Wizard’s digital growth across the globe. Your experiments will show where the true value lies in the ever-shifting user acquisition space. Your analysis will help shape the future of our business and brands.
What will you be doing?
Identify Opportunities – At Wizards, we are always striving to make our products better, and this will be especially true in the competitive digital marketplace. You will use your genius at data manipulation and your strong passion for quality marketing will improve how we communicate to our prospective players. You will be the “voice of the data” in identifying where we can be doing better and in quantifying the potential impact.
Make Actionable Recommendations – You will not be satisfied with uncovering areas for improvements; you will be an active participant in generating ideas and making recommendations. Your knowledge of marketing best practices will supplement your analysis to yield actionable recommendations.
- Run experiments – Run experiments that validate our business assumptions. These can range from traditional A/B campaign optimizations to innovative social influencer experiments.
- Develop player segments – Design our player segmentation models that can propel great business decisions and offer customized player experiences.
Create lifetime valuation models – Create sophisticated models that accurately predict the individual lifetime value of new players. Incorporate these models into our DNA of acquiring users and making successful products.
- Build acquisition reporting tools – Help the user acquisition team achieve their goals by developing accurate tools that provide timely feedback on their active campaigns.
What would make you a great fit?
- 2 years of work experience in data analysis with a gaming company.
- Experience with digital advertising and user acquisition
- Proficiency in SQL language (Postgres, TSQL, etc.) and other analytic programming languages
- Advance degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Knowledge of and passion for games, including Magic: The Gathering
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
What we are Offering you?
- The most exciting time to join Wizards of the Coast in its 25-year history
- Meaningful work on challenging projects that deliver value to the entire company
- A team of professionals who look forward to collaborating with you
- A technical conference of your choosing (within budget) each year
- 5 weeks of PTO with an additional week off between Christmas and New Years
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT THE TEAM?
We are a mix of data analysts and scientists from all walks of life. We’ve worked previously at Activision, ArenaNet, Facebook, King and Jam City and had professional careers in economics, physics, and marketing prior to joining the gaming industry. We have academic publications as well as presentations at conferences such as GDC and Gaming Analytics Summit. We are defined by our common principles:
- We are stewards of facts
- We are passionate about games
- We believe solid analysis leads to better decisions
- We listen and learn
- We are inclusive and respectful
- We expect greatness
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Database, Data Analyst, Social Media, Physics, Scientific, Technology, Data, Marketing, Science, Engineering
Date: Jan 29, 2019
Requisition ID: 9368