Customer Service Rep - Contract
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Category: WOTC - Global Sales
Bring Your Brain....
We'll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Rep - Temporary, to join our team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Wizard:
• Receive and respond to inbound customer contacts in a knowledgeable, accurate and timely manner.
• Providing customers with responses/solutions in a positive, professional and courteous manner is a prerequisite of this position.
• Demonstrate professionalism and good judgment in performing responsibilities and interacting with managers, customers, developers, team members, and outside authorities.
• Representative will be responsible for resolving technical support requests from customers.
• Understand what information is proprietary and keep this information confidential.
• Uphold team standards, policies, and values at all times.
• Ensure excellent customer service is upheld at all times.
• Relay customer concerns and problem trends to Leads and Managers.
• Gather and enter data from support interaction into designated software.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule. Will be necessary to work weekends and holidays.
• Excellent typing/written skills (50 wpm minimum).
AM I QUALIFIED?
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Good knowledge of Magic: TCG and Duels of the Planeswalkers, or a familiarity with MMO computer games is very much required.
• Able to learn and adapt quickly in a demanding customer service environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, aggressive environment.
• Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Effective communication skills (see list below): Active listening Good written and Oral Communication skills Articulate Building rapport Expressing empathy
• Ability to de-escalate a call and/or e-mail
• Basic computer literacy, including the ability to send, and effectively manage inbound e-mail required.
• Working knowledge of the following programs preferred: MS Outlook MS Word MS Excel
• MS Internet Explorer
• Ability to work effectively with strong attention to detail required.
• Strong customer focus and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to work with team to improve and develop processes as needed.
• Excellent follow through skills.
• Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and customers.
Experience Creating & Casting These Spells:
• Two or more years of experience in the customer service field, including phone support, required.
• Experience providing Billing and Technical support desired.
• Strong knowledge of Magic: TCG and Duels of the Planeswalkers required.
Education and Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Continuing education in Business a plus
• This is a 6 month Contract position with potential to extend to 12 months
• Suitable candidates will need to maintain a flexible work schedule. May be necessary to work to a 24/7 schedule as well as weekends and holidays as and when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Function: Global Sales
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast