Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Content Specialist to join our Trade Marketing team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Combine your passion for web site management with B2B content marketing by joining our trade marketing team as a Content Specialist. In this position, you'll help maintain our WPN website, craft content and marketing materials to support sales of our products in Wizards Play Network member stores.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Oversee website maintenance/uploading of content
• Manage delivery of weekly email newsletter (WPN Update) and WER message of the week
• Oversee asset collection associated with assigned projects
• Selecting and resizing images and light design work of marketing materials
• Consult with brand managers, OP specialists and website producers in development of content
• Manage internal and external service providers (typesetters, designers, video partners) to execute on content strategies
• Collect and report analytics and data as directed by content manager
• Manage and update internal style guide
• Other duties as assigned
Describe the nature of the problem solving required on a regular basis. Explain what problems are within the authority of this job to resolve, and what problems must be elevated.
• Issues with layout, design, publication on the website
• Getting the assets/information needed to complete assignments on time
• Issues with delivery/execution for WPN Update or WER Message of the Week
• Managing projects that require assistance of other teams
• Conflicts with other teams over specific content strategy/execution
• Issues with WPN website
• Persistent problems in getting needed information
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 2-3 years of experience required
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Experience updating content for a website or blog with Drupal CMS
• Knowledge of content management systems, web publishing applications, and HTML required
• Understanding of the technical workings of the web
• Some knowledge of design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Ability to take initiative and communicate ideas effectively
• Tactically detail oriented, logistically competent, process oriented
• Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Good organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Some familiarity with Magic, D&D, and their associated in-store play programs preferred
Education and Training:
• BA/BS degree
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.