Community Coordinator – Russia
Location: Khimki - Russia
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Community Coordinator – Russia to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Community Coordinator – Russia will be responsible for messaging creation and adaptation, community management and customer service for the Russian market, and be a visible “face” of Magic: The Gathering there.
Additional responsibilities include management of PR activity and acting as a spokesperson for WOTC in Russia, and overseeing translations (from English) of content for our fans.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and innovative thinker who understands the varied roles social media and PR play in marketing and communicating with our customers. A passion for Magic: The Gathering is required.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Localize, author, and coordinate the release of external messaging in Russian language.
• Execute social media content plan and moderate content on multiple social media channels, forums, outside game communities, etc.
• Monitor forums, groups, and other communications to identify and report on common player issues and discussion patterns.
• Communicate directly with players, building strong relationships and maintaining a visible external presence.
• Answer customer questions via social media, email, and fan communities.
• Develop and manage a network of journalist and fan influencers for the market.
• Coordinate local card previews and event/experience/product coverage.
• Execute community-facing initiatives including creation of video and written content, Organised Play experiences, translation crowd-sourcing, etc.
• Management of local Social Media/PR agencies and all social media activity in designated language region.
• Monitor the local A&P budget and provide regular updates on A&P expenditure.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• EU Community team
• EU Player Experience Manager
• Other WotC Europe Marketing
• WotC Global Community Team
• WPN Retailer support team
• External PR agency
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 1-3 years community management or social media experience
• Experience in a community or a player-facing role
• Experience in briefing and managing agencies
• Desirable: Professional experience in serious gaming industry
• Desirable: Known and respected by the Russian Magic player community
• Desirable: Known and respected by Russian gaming/geek media
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Russian mother tongue, fluent in written & spoken English
• Able to speak with passion and confidence about Magic: The Gathering
• A solid understanding and passion for new media, social networking, and the latest community tools and techniques
• Specific knowledge of Russian social media landscape and gaming industry
• Knowledge of influencer ecosystem relevant to the gaming industry
• Strong communication skills adapted to all audiences
• Fluent with MS Office
• Well-spoken and with a quick and easy pen
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Problem solving skills & creativity
• Strong organizational skills
• Desirable: Experience in content creation – written, video, and other
• Desirable: Experience in detailed analysis of social media / online video performance
• Desirable: Additional European language skills
• Team player
• Positive attitude, self-starter, able to work independently
• Ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships
• Results driven
• Player focused: as a gamer, knows the importance of listening to player needs
• Flexible and adaptable
Education and Training:
• Degree level or commensurate with experience
Travel Requirements (% of time per year)
• May require up to 10% travel time, including international travel.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 - 6 months
• Office environment, able to work on computer for long periods of time
This position is based in in the Wizards of the Coast Moscow, Russia office
• Please send applications and CVs in ENGLISH.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Global Marketing
Job Segment: Social Media, Supply, Journalism, Marketing, Operations, Publishing