Wizards of the Coast, (‘WotC’) is one of the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games. Hasbro SA, which is based in Delemont Switzerland, sells WotC products in Europe through its distributor Hasbro European Trading BV, (‘HET’). WOTC Europe is part of this local Hasbro entity and provides services to HET.
Bring Your Brain….. We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Lead Wizards efforts to create a robust online sales strategy with special emphasis on our largest global online partners, Amazon.com, and direct-to-consumer initiatives. The individual in this role must educate organizational leadership as to the motivations, economics, values and goals that drive online retailers. This information will be used by organizational business owners to create policies, and technologies, focused on creating perfect synergy between these key retailers and Wizards of the Coast. The end goal is a system where the marketing, community management, organized play and sales efforts of these key partners support the Vision and Goals of Wizards of the Coast.
Strategy co-ownership of broaden our mass market global ecommerce initiatives with online partners such as Amazon.com.
- Partner with sales, and brand leaders, to create online strategies complete with segmentation goals, sales goals and web page utilization goals.
- Partner with trade, and consumer marketing leaders, to create marketing strategies focused on optimizing ordering at digital point on purchase.
- Drive business in own portfolio but also partner with Hasbro online sales leadership to ensure sharing and utilization of cross company best practices.
- Create tactics focused on creating best-in-class product pages, and trade marketing presence on these sites.
- Development & implementation of customized channel sales strategies
- To develop and lead the eCommerce strategy for the country, and implement approved local eCommerce strategies
Direct relationship management of EU’s largest online partners that serve customers via physical and online store fronts
- Gain a deep knowledge of the economics needed to run these businesses and how this influences the sale of new MTG (Magic: The Gathering) products versus used MTG products.
- Gain a deep knowledge of the operational realities needed to run these businesses, including technology solutions for inventory management, POS reporting, online sales management and used product purchasing.
- Establish an understanding of the differences in business models used by these retailers. Do they all compete in the same space, or do they specialize in different player segments?
- Gain a deep knowledge of the proprietary organized play networks created by some of our largest partners, and impart this knowledge on Wizards’ Competitive Play Team.
- Understand the community management strategies of these partners, and impart this knowledge on Wizards Communications Team.
Direct the creation of an analytical approach that allows Wizards to utilize largest online partner data to predict sales strength of new products, and evolving sales trends for the MTG product line as a whole.
- Partner with WPN (Wizards Play Network) retailers, Wizards’ Business Intelligence Team and Wizards’ Legal Team to create a contractual relationship through which Wizards can acquire critical sales data from retailers with the intention of understanding the changing tastes and purchasing patterns of our consumers.
- Describe the nature of the problem solving required on a regular basis. Explain what problems are within the authority of this job to resolve, and what problems must be elevated.
- Uncover the detailed workings of our largest Global WPN partners that have attained market leadership through a combination of physical and online sales. The individual in this role must then educate organizational leadership as to the motivations, economics, values and goals that drive these retailers. This information will be used by organizational business owners to create of policies, and technologies, focused on creating perfect synergy between these key retailers and Wizards of the Coast in Europe. The end goal is a system where the marketing, community management, organized play and sales efforts of these key WPN partners support the Vision and Goals of Wizards of the Coast.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard:
- (40%) Strategy ownership of EU sales initiatives with mass channel and online partners such as Amazon.com
- (20%) Direct relationship management of Wizard’s largest WPN partners that serve customers via physical and online store fronts
- (20%) Direct the creation of an analytical approach that allows Wizards to utilize largest EU WPN partner data to predict sales strength of new products, and evolving sales trends for the MTG product line as a whole.
- (10%) Specific focus on ensuring that all strategies, and efforts, align with North Americian needs and insights.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Relevant experience in sales or marketing in ecommerce market
- Relevant experience in Mass Market
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Cross-functional international leadership required, with time spent managing international teams.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Superior problem solving skills
- Action orientated self-starter
- Engenders trust through strong integrity, ethics and values
Education and Training:
- Degree educated ideally
Travel Requirements (% of time per year)