Bring Your Brain….. Build Engineer
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Build Engineer to join our Magic: The Gathering Arena team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Build Engineer ensures the existing build framework is operating as expected. The Build Engineer uses their expert knowledge to define, design and implement continuous integration systems that support the software engineering team. You will develop and implement automated build and deployment pipelines for our development, testing and production environments.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Daily monitoring of the build system, making sure it builds and deploys effectively. Triage and debug build breaks in a timely manner. Work with the end users and provide high customer satisfaction.
- Designs and implements continuous integration systems, automated build and deployment pipelines that support Magic: The Gathering Arena.
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team
- Provides reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by Magic: The Gathering Arena
- Responsible for code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 3-5 years of experience in build and deployment technologies
- 2-3 years working with C#
- 2-5 years working with .NET
- 2-3 years working with scripting languages such as: PowerShell, NAnt, Python
- Experience working with Perforce or related version control tools
- Experience with Jenkins or related continuous integration tools
- Strong coding, debugging and problem solving
- Strong communication and collaboration
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Continuously improve reliability, scalability and performance of build systems
- Evaluate, define, implement and operate our tools for build, deployment and release
- Willingness to help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Willingness to mentor and guide other team members to improve in quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of Unity toolset is a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past seven years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Software Engineer, Animation, TV, Engineering, Technology, Creative
Date: Oct 15, 2018
Requisition ID: 7062