Associate Technology Producer, Enterprise Tools & Apps
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Technology Producer to join our Enterprise Tools & Applications team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Assist Senior Manager and Producers to provide a focal point for the technology and cross-functional business teams when driving technology product development and support solutions. Responsibilities will be spread across full suite of enterprise tools, applications, and software used by teams to develop and support Wizards products. This position is focused on finding efficient solutions to meet business partner needs.
As an associate producer, you will be expected to develop a knowledge of the tools, applications, and software serving all product development and support teams. You will use agile product development processes to ensure that technical solutions meet business objectives, assist the Product Owner in feature prioritization, tradeoffs and other business decision-making, and serve the development team while delivering against the team backlog. You will act as the initial triage person for all work requests, and sometimes act as Scrum Master.
You will work closely with technology Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Software Developers, System Engineers and System Administrators, Vendor Management Office, Deskside and Operations Support Teams, and Hasbro Corporate teams. You will work as part of a matrixed services team dedicated to researching and delivering timely solutions to all Wizards teams and the vendors we do business with. You will be expected to help orchestrate the efforts of these various roles and groups and look for gaps and opportunities to deliver sustainable solutions.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Planning - Elaboration :
• Triage the work intake for team work requests, define impact, and assign work to appropriate teams while meeting SLAs.
• Work with all Wizards teams to facilitate understanding of the tools, applications, and software needed to support product development and operational support.
• Work with Product Manager to develop clear reporting mechanisms to provide dashboard metrics for solution goals (tool reduction, cost savings, onboarding simplification).Work with Product Owner to develop clear acceptance criteria for each solution researched.
• Help develop the backlog.
Delivery - Production Management:
• Act as Scrum Master to help development teams deliver one or more projects at a time, often at the Enterprise-impact level.
• Help identify and facilitate processes, pipelines, and dependencies to ensure cross-team effectiveness.
• Understand and be accountable for technical solutions.
• Follow the agreed-upon software development lifecycle methodology.
• Represent the Application Portfolio backlog to stakeholders in reports and meetings, including demos and presentations.
• Help protect the user experience and project objectives in the face of changing business and technical environments.
• Remove impediments from the team to allow work to continue uninterrupted.
Leadership / Management:
• Be reliable and proactive.
• Work cross-functionally to solve problems.
• Anticipate issues before they arise and propose solutions.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Cross-functional business and technical stakeholders from all corners of the organization
• Vendor Management Office
• Hasbro technology development and support teams
• Agile teams consisting of software, quality, technical operations engineers, and system administrators
• Product Managers and other Producers
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 1+ years of experience triaging technology work requests or technology-focused customer service requests
• 1+ years of Service Catalog management or support or 1+ years Application Program Management
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Experience managing a Service Catalog or Application Portfolio
• Knowledge of SDLCs, especially Scrum or Kanban, is a plus
• Knowledge of systems to research tool and application usage, such as SCCM, is a plus
• Ability to interview stakeholders to understand business needs and discuss technology options and tradeoffs
• Ability to create and deliver status reports, presentations, dashboards, and reports
• Ability to lead a meeting and record and follow up on action items
• Strong research skills
• High motivation to deliver excellence
• Desire to raise the quality of the team by both serving and motivating
Education and Training:
• Education or experience with service-focused teams (Customer Service, Game Support, Help Desk Support)
• Scrum training (CSM, CSPO) a plus
• BA, BS degree, or commensurate work experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast