Associate Technology Producer, Contract
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an ASSOCIATE TECHNOLOGY PRODUCER (CONTRACTOR) to join our WEB team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As Associate Technical Producer, you will support the day-to-day management of internal and external production, development and testing teams in a 24/7/365 site, services and tools center that maintains, monitors and improves the customer experience through the technology, user experience. This includes the support of various environments (production, demo, QA, etc.) spanning web, game and customer systems, tools and services. The Associate Technology Producer will be responsible for working with various internal and external teams to help implement and maintain a sustainable publishing life cycle. This position will support and coordinate all live publishing operation tasks related to site, services, tools and any other technology, as needed.
The position is responsible for work intake and management through the day-to-day publishing channels, documentation, and provide support during emergency response. This position will help support the identification, documentation and optimization of all operational procedures and documentation, with a goal of standardizing when appropriate & customizing when needed. It requires a highly motivated and capable individual contributor, focused on operational efficiency, disciplined processes mentality, strong customer experience and marketing knowledge with the ability to multi-task, supporting multiple production environments, sites, and customer experiences in normal to crisis scenarios.
This person will be the main point of contact, for the Run (Live Operations) team’s day to day publishing workflow. They are expected to manage, coordinate, communicate, and ensure all daily tasks are completed on time across all of our digital experiences. The key focus of this job is to support and execute against established processes used to keep Evergreen and repeating parts of our tools working.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Ensures that day to day publication across multiple digital tools and brands is on-time, high quality, and meets the needs of our partners. This includes content publishing, localization, site refreshes, and design changes. Key task is to ensure quality output to production.
Workflow Creation and Management:
• Supports the Technical Producer and Sr. Technical Producer in gathering quality user story’s, requirement development, and helps maintain a regression testing list to ensure business needs are being met with each build. Key task is to ensure a quality intake of user stories for a quality output to production.
• Create and maintain documentation for new features across our different digital experiences.
• Support the building of After Action Reports (root cause analysis, real-time solutions, and follow up solutions and documentation - while focused on incident and problem management)
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
Works closely with internal and external (all international)
• Technology Producers
• Digital Designers
• UX/UI Designers
• External Vendors
• Product Managers
• Technology Managers
• Quality Assurance team
• Content Mangers
• Directors & Executives
• When given a goal or idea, they have the ability to create a plan, a process, and general timeline to ensure a solid path for implementation
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Fundamental understanding and appreciation of the need to support and improve the customer experience, absolutely required
• 1-2 years related experience with enterprise-wide, live, technology platform service and support 24/7/365, web and services preferred
• 1-2 years related experience managing the operations of high-availability or high-revenue, consumer facing systems preferred
• Experience creating, implementing and optimizing training programs, continuing education and operational readiness
• Familiarity with user story creation
• 1-2 years working closely with technology organizations
• Web & services support experience highly desirable
• 1-2 years digital gaming experience desirable
• MMO or online game experience desirable
• Mega-site management experience desirable
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Proven track record of solid teamwork
• Ability to communicate effectively to various teams across all levels, this could include: business, creative, or technology teams and personnel
• Collaboration and communication facilitation skills are required to manage through the often opposing demands put on systems design, development, and operations from a time, cost, scope, and quality perspective
• Proven ability to achieve results, make quality decisions, build relationships, drive success with people and adapt and learn
• Must be able to efficiently collaborate on multiple, simultaneous projects/work efforts
• Must be very detailed oriented and organized
• Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Able to balance the workload of team members and supervise individuals of varying abilities
• Able to be on-call to respond to system issues
Education and Training:
• Education or experience with web, app or back-end technology projects
• BA, BS degree, or equivalent year-for-year work experience
• Travel would be very infrequent—1-2 trips per year at most.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months to reach competence, 6 months to mastery.
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
• This is a contract position and can potentially extend up to 12 months.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast