Associate Specialist, Fraud - Contract
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Specialist to join our Fraud Investigations team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Performs investigation duties within a busy and dynamic Fraud Investigations Team; Responsibilities include: Document writing, investigation, ongoing monitoring for retail program abuse, player behavior, and other potential issues. Must be flexible to work shifts on a 24/7 basis.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Conduct fraud investigations related to Wizards Organized Play programs; including but not limited to Wizards Play Network programs, sanctioned events, Sales programs and Magic: The Gathering community.
• Serves as a point of contact between customers, internal teams, and business partners.
• Must strictly follow policies and procedural guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Handles e-mail and phone and maintains an excellent customer service at all times including both internal and end user customers.
• Must be flexible to work shifts on a 24/7 basis
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Conducts/assists in simple projects as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Fraud Supervisor
• Fraud Analysts
• Game Support Service team
• Legal team
• Sales team
• Organized Play team
• Brand Administration team
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Must be able to communicate in writing clearly and concisely. A writing sample may be requested.
• Strong knowledge of Wizards products, particularly Magic: The Gathering collectible card game, Dungeons & Dragons role playing game, and Wizards Play Network programs.
• Magic: The Gathering tournament organizer, Judge Program, and/or active participation in sanctioned events
• Training will be provided, however, proven relevant experience in the fraud field or investigations field is a definite advantage. Useful provable skills relating to/involving investigation procedures, data analysis, and problem solving a plus.
• Strong decision/judgement making ability required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Exceptional business writing skills required.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Ability to adapt to changing circumstances a must.
• Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
• Creative problem solving and analytical ability.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Working knowledge of the following programs: MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
• Ability to work effectively with strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and demonstrate excellent follow through skills.
• Ability to perform job working within designated process parameters.
• Ability to work effectively independently, in a team environment, and across departmental lines.
• Ability to identify problems, seek and evaluate solutions, propose, implement and communicate solutions involving other team members as appropriate.
• Effective communication skills: Technical/business writing, Active listening, Good interpersonal skills, expressing empathy
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience preferred
• Qualifications/knowledge in related fields such as Investigations, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Data Analysis, and Computer Science
• Customer Service skills
• Additional language(s) preferred
• This is a contract position and can potentially extend up to 12 months.
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast