Associate Community Manager, WPN
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Community Manager to join our Trade Marketing team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Associate Community Manager position will act as the primary voice and face of our Wizards Play Network (WPN) community of retailers. The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker that understands relationship building across multiple social media and social networking platforms.
This position will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers, empowering and exciting brand evangelists, and building buzz among WPN retailers. Additional responsibilities include developing exciting and innovative social media and community programs to drive awareness of our brands as well as monitoring and reporting on community activity. As a member of the Trade Marketing team, the Associate Community Manager will develop close relationships with the Wizards of the Coast brand and marketing teams, game and retail support and R&D among others.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Nurture and grow the global community of WPN retailers
• Create content for social networks to align messaging and drive conversations
• Speak on camera or in public and respond to questions from WPN retailers
• Proactively keep leadership informed of community issues and suggest solutions when challenges arise
• Develop strong relationships with partner organizations and work collaboratively
• Other responsibilities, as assigned
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Content Manager: Guidance on messaging and informing of community issues
• Trade Marketing Specialist: Collaborate on content projects
• Retail Support Manager and/or leads: Informing of community issues and information
• Global Community Managers: Align messaging and gather information occurring on social networks outside North America
• Respond to comments and questions, largely using pre-determined talking points and FAQ responses
• Determine whether to approve or deny posts, based on whether they fit within our stated guidelines
• Manage general conversation on social media channels to maintain a positive, productive tone.
• Identify and warn WPN members who are not adhering to the guidelines. If behavior continues, escalate to leadership.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 2+ years of community management experience or customer service
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Fluent in all social networks
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes
• Strong passion for building communities and social media
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
• Proficiency with public speaking
• Ability to work effectively with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and across departmental lines required
• Deep knowledge of community management and social media theory
• Strong familiarity with Magic: The Gathering preferred
Education and Training:
• BA in Communications, Digital Marketing or related field
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast