Associate Communications Manager
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Communications Manager to join our team.
At Wizards of the coast, we are passionate about bringing people together through their shared love of games. We are a community of artists, storytellers, designers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are building on our world-renowned player experiences to expand the digital future for our incredible brands including Magic the Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons and Avalon Hill. As a team, we are constantly evolving our approach to game experiences that delight a continuously growing audience of millions of players around the world.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a curious, entrepreneurial and detail-oriented Associate Communications Manager with proven writing skills to take ownership of projects and initiatives that will help us bring our games to new fans. This is a great opportunity for a communications and public relations professional who has a passion for games and stories, and enjoys fun with friends, to take their career to the next level by joining the team that leads the world’s best strategy game.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Campaign Public Relations
• Research and plan campaign PR outreach to publicize Magic product releases
• Execute campaign PR plans through day-to-day collaboration with PR partners
• Coordinate campaign PR efforts of relevant partners as needed and track PR requests across functions
• Draft and update materials, including fact sheets, press packets and announcements
• Track and report PR results, competitor news and media trends
Brand and Corporate Communications
• Lead proactive and reactive press efforts in the Seattle region
• Establish relationships with media contacts in key sectors and maintain contact lists
• Coordinate relevant agencies and partners
• Help prepare colleagues for public speaking opportunities and press interviews
Cross Functional Support and Coordination
• Advise other teams on communications and PR matters as needed
• Evaluate and coordinate communications and PR requests from other teams
• Maintain and update messaging guidance, fact sheets and protocols used by multiple teams
Communications Project Support
• Pitch in on other Communications Team projects, including but not limited to: social media and community outreach initiatives, promotional or instructional videos or streaming, and event coordination or coverage
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Communications team
• Public Relations partner agencies
• Brand managers
• Licensees and other external partners
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 2 - 3+ years professional communications experience required
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Rock solid organization, time management and attention to detail
• Curiosity about media and cultural trends and enthusiasm for research
• Proven ability to successfully plan and execute projects independently
• Confidence meeting and interacting with many different kinds of professionals
• Creativity, flexibility and positive attitude
• Knowledge of or experience with Magic: the Gathering preferred but not required
• Knowledge and affinity for games and fantasy properties
• Member of passionate fan communities required
Education and Training:
• Bachelors Degree required or commensurate work experience
• Up to 15%
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast