WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Associate Manager, Event Marketing supports the broader Experience Marketing team in strengthening our relationship with our consumers and fueling brand loyalty. They will be a part of the team that designs and implements Wizards’ brand visions in a variety of different expressions including conventions, trade shows, employee events, product launches, streaming events and more. This position will represent Wizards of the Coast onsite, communicate key marketing messages by setting the style and tone via booth presentation and location, appropriate product representation, ancillary promotional events, graphics and signage as well as staffing.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Develop and implement branded experiences for Wizards of the Coast at tradeshows and conventions as assigned.
- Work with Sr. Manager, Experiential Marketing in the tracking and measuring of success at each event
- Work cross functionally with internal and external teams on the design and creation of event marketing and programming materials ensuring product quality, while staying within budget for assigned events
- Implement event strategies on show site. Manage turnkey production companies, decorators, convention centers, hotels, union labor, rental equipment companies, electricians, cash management agencies, etc.
- Manage all internal Wizards/Hasbro and contracted event staff at assigned events.
- Arrange staff training and schedules, travel, lodging, pre-event information, and post event reports for assigned events.
- Manage logistics pre, on-site and post event; handle communication, quotes, prepayments, invoices, and post event balances due. Manage and evaluate all vendor services and companies.
- Office work including budget work, contract writing, processing of paperwork, expense reports, archiving, and internal communications.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 3+ years of experience in the events industry, entertainment industry or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Highly creative and resourceful. Tenacious.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Very strong initiative, ability to work independently
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Budget management experience.
Education and Training:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, event promotion, theater or a related discipline.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant work experience may be substituted.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year. These trips usually include weekends and are often one week or longer.
- This person must be eligible for international travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Event Marketing, Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications, Marketing, Management
Date: Dec 4, 2018
Requisition ID: 8463