Sr. Business Manager, Magic Online Job (Renton, WA, US)
Sr. Business Manager, Magic Online
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
... ...Brains Required!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Business Manager, Magic Online to join our team. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
Launched in 2002, Magic: The Gathering Online is the official online edition of the world’s most popular trading card game. Magic Online allows players to collect and trade virtual cards, build the perfect deck and find opponents at all skill levels – all from the comfort of their own homes. For more information on Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering Online, visit www.wizards.com
Global digital business management and monetization for the Magic The Gathering Online Brand. Within the company, Sr. Business Manager for Magic Online will manage the sales channel, help determine the strategic direction of the product, and manage the P&L globally for Magic Online in conjunction with research & development, digital development, sales, organized play, finance, project management and international Hasbro offices. The Sr. Business Manager – Magic Online will lead the entire product lifecycle from conception through development and merchandising. This position is critical to the long term success of Magic Online, and the ideal candidate will have the opportunity for significant career advancement.
Lead and develop a team of Business Managers and Assistant Business Managers
Other Key Relationships:
Digital Development, R&D, Finance/Business Intelligence, TS Operations, Legal, CAPS
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Grow Magic Online by leading its regional & global expansion across a wide range of potential new features, services, and locations.
- Manage the Magic Online P&L and recommend/implement key decisions on quality, cost, and timing for marketing programs and product under parameters set by the Executive Producer and group Vice President.
- Develop and mentor a team of intermediate and junior level business managers.
- Provide strategic and tactical ecommerce and merchandising leadership on Magic Online to drive revenue through in-game stores using micro and macro-transaction models.
- Determine and define e-commerce and merchandising optimizations, promotions, offers, and new opportunities.
DATA MODELING & ANALYSIS
- Design, update, and upgrade business models for existing and upcoming projects.
- Help change, create, monitor and affect basis/metrics for deeper understanding of player behavior focused on, but not limed to things like player churn, average revenue per user & per paying user (ARPU & ARPPU), lifetime value (LTV), advanced demographic study, player segmentation, social mapping, and more.
- Develop, maintain and advance the logic, cadence, and relevance of triggered email messaging to
- customers based on their account and gameplay activities, leveraging in-client play patterns with out-of-client messaging.
- Lead, prioritize and assist product development in delivering compelling user experiences throughout the user lifecycle, focusing on acquisition, conversion, retention, and re-acquisition.
- Ensure that product, features and overall marketing efforts were in-line and that revenue goals were met.
- Negotiate marketing and promotional deals
- Maintain a close relationship with brand marketing to leverage the most up-to-date digital marketing practices including online media, social media, interactive and direct marketing to grow the player community.
- Provide guidance to internal Wizards teams who tactically execute Merchandising, service and feature development plans.
- Help Magic brand teams provide internal International Marketing teams strategic direction for the product.
- Evaluate current market trends and competitive activity; report on key findings.
- Act as a key brand contact for business partners, international groups, Hasbro corporate, and press.
- Manage licensor/licensee relationships.
- Occasional travel required.
- Brand objectives, goals, strategies and measures as defined at the beginning of each year.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Business or Marketing, or related experience, required.
- MBA or advanced math degree preferred.
Prior Related Experience:
- Minimum 10 years experience in Business Management or Marketing
- 5+ years experience managing a digital IP, including extensive experience with virtual economies
- Other product marketing and/or publishing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong presentation skills required
- Familiarity with Magic: The Gathering required
- Knowledge of other analog and/or digital card games required
- Ability to set strategy and vision based on deep, insightful consumer understanding
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities under tight project deadlines required.
- Knowledge/use of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting / Integration a plus.
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of people to achieve desired results
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position
- Three months
- Standard office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards - Corporate