Network Engineer Job (Renton, WA, US)
Network Engineer Job (Renton, WA, US)
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Role-playing Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Enterprise IT Adminsitration team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for sustainment engineering and tier-3 support of the enterprise-wide datacenter networking solutions. They will collaborate with the Infrastructure Engineering, Data Engineering, and Application Support teams during system design, development and implementation phases providing advice, interpretation and design principles. The role requires focus on technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the technical team members. As a Network Engineer they will need to understand and evaluate the use of automation tools and utilities and how they are used in support of enterprise architecture.
The Network Engineer works closely with Core Infrastructure Engineering, Application Development as well as all operational support teams
- Provides operational support for the enterprise network infrastructure focusing on identify and resolving problems ideally before they impact services
- Proposes, recommends and implements improvements in terms of technology, services/products/options, or policies and procedures; Proposes alternative methods for improving performance and/or reliability of the existing enterprise network infrastructure.
- Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects assuring adherence to enterprise-wide solutions.
- Supports adherence to relevant SOX, PCI, corporate security or other applicable compliance standards.
- Maintains an understanding of emerging architecture concepts and associated technology trends including the next generation datacenter network infrastructure.
- Provide network design guidance, research technical issues; Conduct proof-of-concept exercises to validate concepts and assumptions.
- Create and Maintain SDP (service design package) for networking solutions that include network operations and configuration standards.
- Participates in the negotiation and selection of vendors, services and products; assists with procurement of equipment and services; monitors performance of vendors and services; maintains records related to equipment inventory, vendor contacts, accounts and agreements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 2+ years of network engineering experience including extensive knowledge of Cisco switches and routers; specifically with ASR, Nexus and Catalyst
- 4+ years experiences with various vendors switches, routers, load balancers and security devices.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing both the hierarchical tree and leaf-spine datacenter network.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco’s FabricPath Ethernet Technology.
- In-depth knowledge of Internet routing protocol; specifically with BGP and OSPF.
- Experience of traffic engineering using BGP and large-scale network design and maintenance.
- Experience with many of the following protocols & technologies: Fabric Extenders, vPC, VDC, RSTP, VRRP, ISSU, FabricPath, peer-switch, FCoE 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, RADIUS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, HTTP, DHCP, NFS.
- Experience in IT infrastructure planning, design and deployment.
- Familiarity with monitoring software such as Solarwinds (NPM,NCM,FSM, etc)
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace and technology changes pertinent to server, storage and network virtualization and cloud computing
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills with a methodical approach to problem resolution across large scale distributed platforms
- Strong knowledge of multi-tiered application environments, including their design, implementation and capacity/scaling challenges
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to lead and mentor colleagues
- Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
Education and Training:
- BA/BS degree desired or equivalent year-for-year work experience.
- ITIL v3 Foundation training or certification desired.
- CCDA/CCDP preferred.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards - Corporate